Menko Kesra: 2014 PNPM Program is quite Successful and Beneficial
By : the Information Desk
- Read: 117 times
Coordinating Minister of People’s Welfare (Menko Kesra) Agung Laksono said that total budget for National Program for People Empowerment (PNPM) of 2014 is Rp 15 trillion.
“The fund amounting to Rp 15 trillion is for the people through PNPM Program,” Menko Kesra HR. Agung Laksono said on Tuesday (29/10).
Menko Kesra claimed that PNPM is one of successful government’s programs and its benefits can be directly felt by the people.
“The programs such as rural PNPM and urban PNPM are quite successful programs and beneficially felt by the people, especially for those living in rural areas,” he said.
He also added that PNPM is one of the methods of improving people’s welfare by empowerment pattern.
“PNPM has the element of people’s empowerment”, he said.
He also added that for the year of 2014, the budget of PNPM for disadvantaged districts will be increased, previously it was ranging from Rp 1 billion to Rp 1.5 billion, now Rp 3 billion for every disadvantaged district.
Menko Kesra admitted that PNPM program is vulnerably embezzled even the percentage is small.
“It is undeniable that in spite of the ongoing supervision, leakage in terms of money embezzlement still occurs even though its percentage is not big,” he said.
Therefore, Agung said that the government will impose sanctions to the districts which embezzle the funds of capital business loan without interest.
He said that the sanctions can be in the forms of freezing the funds temporarily until further verification from the in charge ministry or institution.
The purpose of the sanction is to be a deterrent effect so that misappropriate use of PNPM funds would not happen again in the future.
“It is hoped to become a deterrent effect,” he said. (WID/Humas Kemenkokesra/ES)
- CIIDS Chairman Seeks Opinion from President SBY Regarding Partnership between Indonesia - PRC (5)
- Government Denies the Extending Contract of Freeport Until 2041 (5)
- President Expects Indonesia to be among 10 Largest Contributors to Global Peace Troops (72)
- Government Yet Has Plans to Raise the Fuel Price (21)
- KPU: Time for Vote Counting in 9 April Legislative Elections Starts at 01.30 PM (53)
- Launching Presidential Scholarship, President: This is How to Be Developed Country (26)
- Through PP 18/2014, President Reorganizes Film Censorship Board (59)
- Exports Increased 0.68 Percent, Imports Decreased 7.58 Percent and Inflation Was Recorded 0.08 Percent in March (25)
- Cabinet Secretary Appeals to Head of BNP2TKI to Make Breakthroughs within These 100 Days (42)
- President also Urges BPK to Audit the Campaign Funds of Minister, Governor, and Mayor (20)