Menko Kesra: 2014 PNPM Program is quite Successful and Beneficial
By : the Information Desk
- Read: 201 times
Coordinating Minister of People’s Welfare (Menko Kesra) Agung Laksono said that total budget for National Program for People Empowerment (PNPM) of 2014 is Rp 15 trillion.
“The fund amounting to Rp 15 trillion is for the people through PNPM Program,” Menko Kesra HR. Agung Laksono said on Tuesday (29/10).
Menko Kesra claimed that PNPM is one of successful government’s programs and its benefits can be directly felt by the people.
“The programs such as rural PNPM and urban PNPM are quite successful programs and beneficially felt by the people, especially for those living in rural areas,” he said.
He also added that PNPM is one of the methods of improving people’s welfare by empowerment pattern.
“PNPM has the element of people’s empowerment”, he said.
He also added that for the year of 2014, the budget of PNPM for disadvantaged districts will be increased, previously it was ranging from Rp 1 billion to Rp 1.5 billion, now Rp 3 billion for every disadvantaged district.
Menko Kesra admitted that PNPM program is vulnerably embezzled even the percentage is small.
“It is undeniable that in spite of the ongoing supervision, leakage in terms of money embezzlement still occurs even though its percentage is not big,” he said.
Therefore, Agung said that the government will impose sanctions to the districts which embezzle the funds of capital business loan without interest.
He said that the sanctions can be in the forms of freezing the funds temporarily until further verification from the in charge ministry or institution.
The purpose of the sanction is to be a deterrent effect so that misappropriate use of PNPM funds would not happen again in the future.
“It is hoped to become a deterrent effect,” he said. (WID/Humas Kemenkokesra/ES)
- President Assigns A Team To Confront Lawsuit By Newmont (13)
- Hire Foreign Workers, Obliged to Point Indonesian Labors Escort (11)
- In Open Debate in the UN, Indonesia Condemns Israel's Brutal Attacks on Gaza Strip (108)
- Indonesia Ask United Nation Security Council to Bring Malaysian Airlines Shooter in Justice (53)
- Stakeholders' Laboratory Makes Breakthrough in Dwelling Time (55)
- President SBY Invites Prabowo and Jokowi Guard the Process of Nation History (22)
- First Lady Ani is Chosen as the Prominent in Improving Indonesian Child Intelligent in 2014 (22)
- Firmanzah: As Presidential Election Has Proceeded Peacefully, We Should Be Optimistic Ahead (71)
- Supporting Palestine, President SBY Telephones President Mahmoud Abbas (58)
- MH-17 Was Shot down, President SBY: Indonesia Calls for International Investigation (34)