Menko Kesra: 2014 PNPM Program is quite Successful and Beneficial
By : the Information Desk
- Read: 224 times
Coordinating Minister of People’s Welfare (Menko Kesra) Agung Laksono said that total budget for National Program for People Empowerment (PNPM) of 2014 is Rp 15 trillion.
“The fund amounting to Rp 15 trillion is for the people through PNPM Program,” Menko Kesra HR. Agung Laksono said on Tuesday (29/10).
Menko Kesra claimed that PNPM is one of successful government’s programs and its benefits can be directly felt by the people.
“The programs such as rural PNPM and urban PNPM are quite successful programs and beneficially felt by the people, especially for those living in rural areas,” he said.
He also added that PNPM is one of the methods of improving people’s welfare by empowerment pattern.
“PNPM has the element of people’s empowerment”, he said.
He also added that for the year of 2014, the budget of PNPM for disadvantaged districts will be increased, previously it was ranging from Rp 1 billion to Rp 1.5 billion, now Rp 3 billion for every disadvantaged district.
Menko Kesra admitted that PNPM program is vulnerably embezzled even the percentage is small.
“It is undeniable that in spite of the ongoing supervision, leakage in terms of money embezzlement still occurs even though its percentage is not big,” he said.
Therefore, Agung said that the government will impose sanctions to the districts which embezzle the funds of capital business loan without interest.
He said that the sanctions can be in the forms of freezing the funds temporarily until further verification from the in charge ministry or institution.
The purpose of the sanction is to be a deterrent effect so that misappropriate use of PNPM funds would not happen again in the future.
“It is hoped to become a deterrent effect,” he said. (WID/Humas Kemenkokesra/ES)
- Meeting President SBY, Former Japanese PM Praises Indonesia’s Economic Performance (2)
- Visiting Singapore, President SBY Receives Highest Award (85)
- UN Secretary General Sure Though Not Serve As President, SBY Still Plays Role in the World (56)
- President SBY Urges UNAOC to Build the World Trust (30)
- President SBY and OIC Secretary General Discuss Developments of ISIS and Boko Haram (50)
- Meet General Secretary of United Nation, President Discuss Unity In Diversity (35)
- Assigned by President SBY, Seskab Attends Inauguration of Turkey's President Tayyip Erdogan (48)
- Timor Leste's President Welcomes President SBY with State Ceremony (18)
- President SBY Is Sure Jokowi - JK Will Boost Indonesia - East Timor Relations (43)
- The Government Has No Plan to Add the Subsidized Fuel Quota (14)