Menko Kesra: 2014 PNPM Program is quite Successful and Beneficial
By : the Information Desk
- Read: 88 times
Coordinating Minister of People’s Welfare (Menko Kesra) Agung Laksono said that total budget for National Program for People Empowerment (PNPM) of 2014 is Rp 15 trillion.
“The fund amounting to Rp 15 trillion is for the people through PNPM Program,” Menko Kesra HR. Agung Laksono said on Tuesday (29/10).
Menko Kesra claimed that PNPM is one of successful government’s programs and its benefits can be directly felt by the people.
“The programs such as rural PNPM and urban PNPM are quite successful programs and beneficially felt by the people, especially for those living in rural areas,” he said.
He also added that PNPM is one of the methods of improving people’s welfare by empowerment pattern.
“PNPM has the element of people’s empowerment”, he said.
He also added that for the year of 2014, the budget of PNPM for disadvantaged districts will be increased, previously it was ranging from Rp 1 billion to Rp 1.5 billion, now Rp 3 billion for every disadvantaged district.
Menko Kesra admitted that PNPM program is vulnerably embezzled even the percentage is small.
“It is undeniable that in spite of the ongoing supervision, leakage in terms of money embezzlement still occurs even though its percentage is not big,” he said.
Therefore, Agung said that the government will impose sanctions to the districts which embezzle the funds of capital business loan without interest.
He said that the sanctions can be in the forms of freezing the funds temporarily until further verification from the in charge ministry or institution.
The purpose of the sanction is to be a deterrent effect so that misappropriate use of PNPM funds would not happen again in the future.
“It is hoped to become a deterrent effect,” he said. (WID/Humas Kemenkokesra/ES)
- To Fix Current Account, Government Prepares the Third Economic Policy Package (2)
- President Rejects Entrepreneursí Lobby Who Want to Connect Dumai to Malaysia (2)
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources: Mount Ciremai Not For Sale, Chevron Only Manage the Geothermal (2)
- Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia Secures Indonesian Citizen in Ukraine (47)
- Indonesia and China Discuss Restructuring of Fisheries Investment in Indonesia (57)
- To 4.6 Million Students, Government Distributes First Phase of BSM 2014 on 17 March (3)
- Mount Ciremai Sold for IDR 60 Trillion, Governor of West Java: It is All Hoax (39)
- Indonesia is Concerned about Developments in Ukraine (81)
- Change in National Leadership Will Not Abolish Development Programs (6)
- President of Republic of Indonesian Asserts Commitment to Support the Independence of Palestine (7)