Arriving in Beijing, President Jokowi Joins Immediately Preparatory Meeting of APEC Summit
Date 11 November 2014
After undertaking a seven-hour flight aboard the presidential plane BBJ 737-800, President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and First Lady Iriana Widodo arrived in Capital Beijing International Airport on Saturday (8/11) at about 05.30 PM local time or 04.30 PM west Indonesia time. President Jokowi was welcomed by Chinese Ambassador to Indonesia Xie Feng and Indonesian Ambassador to China and Mongolia.
After taking a rest for a while, President Jokowi and his entourage headed to Hotel Kempinski Beijing. In this hotel, Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno LP Marsudi and Minister of Trade Rahmat Gobel had been waiting for him.
On Saturday evening (8/11), President Jokowi held an internal meeting to prepare for a number of events in China. Besides, President Jokowi also needed to make thorough preparations for APEC Summit which was scheduled to begin on Monday (10/11).
In his four-day visit to China, President Jokowi faced a heavy schedule. In addition to attending APEC Summit, President Jokowi was also scheduled to meet a number of global leaders like Russian President Vladimir Putin, the US President Barrack Obama, Chinese President Xi Jinping and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
Here is President Jokowis schedule during his visit to China.
Saturday 8 November 2014
– Arrives in Beijing at 04.55 PM local time, welcomed by Indonesian Ambassador to China Sugeng Rahardjo and Chinese Ambassador to Indonesia Xie Feng.
Sunday 9 November 2014
– Attends the meeting between Chinese and Indonesian business people
– Meets Chinese President Xi Jinping and Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang
– Tries the fast train bound for Tianjin
– Visits Tianjin Port integrated service center
– Returns to Beijing
Monday 10 November 2014
– Attends APEC CEO Summit and becomes the keynote speaker
– Meets Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
– Meets the US President Barrack Obama
– Engages in the dialog between APEC leaders in which President Jokowi is in the same group with the US President, South Korean President, and Singaporean Prime Minister
– Meets Russian President Vladimir Putin
– Attends the gala dinner prepared for APEC leaders
Tuesday 11 November 2014
– Attends APEC economic leaders meeting
– Sets off for Myanmar
A number of Indonesian top officials accompanied President Jokowi and First Lady Iriana in this presidential visit. They were, among others, Coordinating Minister of Economic Affairs Sofyan Djalil, Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno LP Marsudi, Minister of Trade Rahmat Gobel, Cabinet Secretary Andi Widjajanto, Deputy Chairwoman of the Regional Representatives Council (DPD) GKR Hemas, and observer of international affairs Rizal Sukma. (*/ES)