Bank Indonesia Adds 25 BI-FAST Participants Today
In a bid to accelerate BI-FAST transaction services, central bank Bank Indonesia (BI) on Monday (08/29) added 25 new bank participants to its BI-FAST system.
“On August 29, 2022, Bank Indonesia added the fourth phase of 25 new BI-FAST bank participants, consisting of two direct participants and 23 indirect participants,” Governor of Bank Indonesia Perry Warjiyo said, bringing the total to 77 participants, representing 85 percent of the national retail payment system.
According to the Governor, Bank Indonesia is also expanding central banking services via BI-FAST to assist the implementation of duties in the sectors of monetary, macroprudential, and payment system, as well as Rupiah currency management.
“In the future, Bank Indonesia will continue to push for the implementation and the development of BI-FAST services, including cross border retail payment, and strengthen policy synergy with industry players to accelerate economic recovery and foster growth, as well as economic and financial inclusion,” he said.
For the record, BI-FAST is a payment system infrastructure provided by Bank Indonesia and can be accessed via an app provided by the payment system industry.
The implementation of BI-FAST by participants to their customers will be carried out in stages according to the participants’ strategies and plans in preparing payment channels for their respective customers.
The new bank participants are as follows:
1. Bank BTPN
2. Bank Capital Indonesia
3. Bank CTBC
4. Bank ICBC Indonesia
5. Bank Index Selindo
6. Bank Jago Sharia Unit
7. Bank Jasa Jakarta
8. Bank Mayapada
9. Bank Mayora
10. Bank Muamalat
11. Bank Nagari Sharia Unit
12. Bank Neo Commerce
13. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta
14. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Daerah Istimewa Yogyakarta Sharia Unit
15. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Kalimantan Barat
16. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Kalimantan Barat Sharia Unit
17. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Kalimantan Selatan
18. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Kalimantan Selatan Sharia Unit
19. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Sumatera Barat
20. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Sumatera Selatan Bangka Belitung
21. Bank Pembangunan Daerah Sumatera Selatan Bangka Belitung Sharia Unit
22. Bank Seabank
23. Maybank Indonesia
24. Maybank Indonesia Sharia Unit
25. MNC Bank
(PR of Bank Indonesia/UN) (FI/EP)