COVID-19 Task Force Issues Circular on Domestic Travel Requirements for PON Participants
Date 13 Oktober 2021
Head of COVID-19 Task Force Ganip Warsito has issued the Second Addendum to Circular Number 17 of 2021 on Provisions for Domestic Travel during COVID-19 Pandemic.
“The Second Addendum to the Circular aims to monitor, control, and evaluate measures to prevent and anticipate COVID-19 transmission after the 20th National Sports Week in Papua,” the Circular states.
The Circular stipulates provisions of health protocols for domestic travelers who return to their home base after participating in the National Sports Week.
All National Sports Week team, the National Sports Week Supervisory and Steering Committee, personnel of the Indonesian Sports Council (KONI) as well as Ministry/Agency employees participating at least within seven days in the National Sports Week, upon arrival at their home base, must observe the following health protocols:
- Take RT-PCR test and stay in quarantine for five days at a centralized quarantine/isolation facility that has been designated and prepared by the Provincial Governments and their respective Regional COVID-19 Task Forces;
- In the event that the results of the RT-PCR test as referred to in letter a show a positive result, the treatment/isolation will be carried out at a hospital appointed by Regional Government;
- On the 4th day of quarantine as referred to in letter a, the second RT-PCR test is carried out;
- In the event that the result of the second RT-PCR test as referred to in letter c shows a negative result, the person concerned is allowed to continue the trip and is advised to carry out self-quarantine for 14 days and observe health protocols;
- In the event that the result of the second RT-PCR as referred to in letter c shows a positive result, the treatment/isolation will be carried out at a hospital appointed by the Regional Government; and
- The RT-PCR test as referred to in letters a and c is carried out in a laboratory that has been verified by the Ministry of Health in PeduliLindungi system.
The costs for health protocols implementation for testing, quarantine, and treatment are borne by the Provincial Government and the respective Regional COVID-19 Task Forces.
The Second Addendum also stipulates the following provisions:
- Every Chairperson of the National Sports Week team must report the implementation of the health protocols after participating in the National Sports Week to the Provincial branch of Indonesian Sports Council (KONI) and the central KONI.
- The implementation of health protocols after participating in the National Sports Week must be reported by the Central KONI to relevant Ministries/Agencies at the central level, including but not limited to Coordinating Ministry for Human Development and Culture, COVID-19 Task Force, Ministry of Youth and Sports, and Ministry of Health.
- The monitoring of health protocols implementation after participating in the National Sports Week is carried out by the Provincial branch of KONI, the Provincial Health Office, the Provincial Youth and Sports Office, and the COVID-19 Task Force in each region.
The Second Addendum to the Circular shall apply until October 31, 2021 and shall be evaluated if deemed necessary. (UN) (RI/LW)