COVID-19 Task Force Issues Circular on Entry Point, Quarantine Place for Indonesian Citizens Abroad
By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation     Date 14 Oktober 2021
Read: 604 Views
In a bid to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic, the Government continues to strengthen the implementation of health protocols and adjust COVID-19 handling mechanism for international travelers.
To that end, Head of COVID-19 Task Force Ganip Warsito Thursday (13/10/2021) signed a new Circular Number 14 of 2021 on Entry Point, Quarantine Place, and Mandatory RT-PCR Test for Indonesian Citizens from Abroad.
Several provisions on the circular are as follows:
- There are seven entry points in Indonesia that accept Indonesian citizens from abroad including Soekarno-Hatta international airport in Banten province, Samratulangi airport in North Sulawesi province, Batam Center Harbour and Tanjung Pinang Harbour in Riau Islands province, Nunukan Harbor in North Kalimantan, the Aruk Cross-Border Post, and the Entikong Cross-Border Post in West Kalimantan province.
- Upon arrival in Indonesia from abroad, Indonesian citizens from the country with low escalation of COVID-19 case are required to undergo a mandatory quarantine for 5 x 24 hours, while Indonesian citizens from the country with a high escalation of COVID-19 case are required to undergo a mandatory quarantine for 14 x 24 hours.
- The quarantine on the second point must be carried out in accordance with the circular of COVID-19 Task Force.
- Wisma Pademangan in Jakarta is a quarantine place for Indonesian citizens from abroad who arrive at the entry point of Soekarno-Hatta international airport in Banten province. The place will provide services including lodging, transportation, meals, and the cost of RT-PCR test.
- Quarantine places for Indonesian citizens from abroad who arrive outside the entry point of Soekarno-Hatta international airport will be determined by Regional Head of COVID-19 Task Force.
- Centered quarantine places as mentioned on the fourth and fifth point only apply to Indonesian citizens with a criteria including Indonesian Migrant Workers (PMI) who return to Indonesia to stay at least 14 days, students who return to Indonesia from schools or colleges or study assignments abroad, Government employees who return to Indonesia after carrying out a. official trip abroad.
- Government employees as mentioned on the sixth point who are not willing to undergo quarantine in places that have been determined by National/Regional COVID-19 Task Force must undergo a mandatory quarantine in hotels that have been determined by the National/Regional Task Force at their own expense or through other legal financing sources.
The circular will be implemented until 31 December 2021. With the issuance of this circular, the Circular number 13 of 2021 on Entry Point, Quarantine Place, and Mandatory RT-PCR Test Indonesian Citizens from Abroad is expired. (COVID-19 Task Force/AIT/UN) (AP/EP)