Education Ministry Provides Wage Subsidy Program for Educators, Educational Personnel
Date 17 November 2020
Ministry of Education and Culture has launched wage subsidy program for non-civil servant educators and educational personnel.
The program is provided for approximately two million beneficiaries and each beneficiary will get Rp 1.8 million.
“The Government provides wage subsidy to support the front liners in our schools who have contributed to our children’s education amid the pandemic,” Minister of Education and Culture Nadiem Makarim said during a virtual launching of the program, Tuesday (17/11).
The beneficiaries of the program consist of 162,000 lecturers from state higher education institutions and private higher education institutions, more than 1.6 million non-civil servant educators and educational personnel in state and private education institutions, and 237,000 library staffers, operators, laboratory personnel, and administrative staffers. The total budget is Rp 3.67 trillion,” the Minister said.
Nadiem also said that the requirements for educators and educational personnel to receive the assistance are the following:
- Being an Indonesian Citizen;
- Being non-civil servant;
- Having income below Rp 5,000,000 million per month;
- Being non-beneficiary of wage subsidy assistance from Ministry of Manpower; and
- Being non-beneficiary of pre-employment card as of 1 October 2020.
Nadiem said that the assistance will be distributed in several stages until the end of November 2020. Related to the disbursement mechanism, Ministry of Education and Culture has created new accounts in banks for each beneficiary. The detailed information can be accessed at info.gtk.kemdikbud.go.id and pddikti.kemdikbud.go.id.
For the disbursement at banks, the documents needed are as follows:
– Identity Card (KTP);
– Taxpayer Identification Number/NPWP (non-mandatory);
– Decree of the program beneficiary (can be downloaded from the GTK and PDDikti websites); and
– A duly duty stamped and signed Statement of Responsibility Letter (SPTJM) which can be downloaded from the GTK and PDDikti websites.
After all the requirements are complete, he added, the beneficiaries can go to the banks, activate the account and receive the assistance immediately. “The beneficiaries can activate the account until 30 June 2021. We provide a very long time to make sure everyone can get (the assistance),” Nadiem said. (UN)
Translated by: Ridwan Ibadurrohman
Reviewed by: Mia Medyana