Government Begins Ban on Transport Trucks on 22-23 and 29-30 December

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 19 Desember 2017
Category: News
Read: 2.255 Views

Angkutan-Barang-300x186To reduce traffic congestion during Christmas and New Year, the Ministry of Transportation cq. Director General of Land Transportation has regulated the operation of transport trucks with three axles or more.

This operation is regulated in a Decree of Director General Number SK. 6474/AJ.201/DRJD/2017 dated 14 December 2017. “It’s almost the same with last year, but this year, the ban period is shorter,” says Director General of Land Transportation Budi Setiyadi in Jakarta.

According to him, the ban shall be in effect on Friday, 22 December 2017 midnight until Saturday, 23 December 2017 midnight. After this period, these trucks can pass through the main highways and the ban shall be in effect again on Friday, 29 December 2017 midnight until Satuday, 30 December 2017 midnight.<>

“This adjustment is expected to be able to maintain the stability of staple food prices during Christmas and New Year,” Budi says.

The ban will be applied to the following main highways: a. Jakarta-Merak; b. Jakarta-Cikampek-Brebes Timur; c. Jakarta-Purbaleunyi; d. Bawen-Salatiga; e. Prof. Sedyatmo (toll road to Soekarno Hatta Airport); and f. national road Denpasar-Gilimanuk.

The ban is applied for several types of transport trucks, such as: transport trucks carrying sand, soil, minerals, and coal; or trucks with the amount of weight allowed (JBI) more than 14,000 (fourteen thousand) kilograms; and trucks have more than three axles and have trailers attached.

However, exceptions have been applied to trucks carrying fuel, livestock, postal deliveries, as well as staple foods (rice, flour, corn, sugar, fruits and vegetables, meat, fish, cooking oil, butter, milk, egg, and salt).(Humas Kemenhub/ES)(MMB/YM/Naster)

Latest News