Gov’t Allocates Rp110 T for Social Safety Net Program

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 7 April 2020
Category: News
Read: 255 Views

President Jokowi delivers remarks during a Limited Meeting on Effectiveness of Social Safety Net Program Distribution, Tuesday (7/4) through video conference from the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta. (Photo: Ibrahim/PR)

The Central Government has prepared funds amounting to Rp110 trillion for social safety net program for low-income families in the hope of helping them fulfill their basic needs and maintaining purchasing power following COVID-19 outbreak.

“The Government has increased the number of families in the Family Hope Program (PKH) from 9.2 million to 10 million families,” President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has said on a Limited Meeting on Effectiveness of Social Safety Net Program Distribution, Tuesday (7/4) through video conference from the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta.

According to the President, the Government has also increased the benefits by approximately 25% and the frequency from once every three months to once a month.

“The recipients of the Staple Card program has also increased from 15.2 million recipients to 20 million with an increasing value of 30% or from Rp150,000 to Rp200,000 and will be given for nine months,” he said.

For Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang, Bekasi (Greater Jakarta areas), President Jokowi continued, the Government is preparing a special family-based social assistance program for 3.7 million families.

“1.1 million will be prepared by the Jakarta Provincial Government and 2.6 million will be prepared by the Central Government for two months in accordance with the emergency response period stipulated by the COVID-19 Task Force,” he added..

The President also said he had ordered Minister of Social Affairs to immediately distribute 200,000 food packages to areas in Greater Jakarta and Pre-Employment Card starting 9 April.

“The budget has been increased from Rp10 trillion to Rp20 trillion with 5.6 million recipients, most of them are those who have been laid off, informal workers, as well as micro and small businesses actors affected by COVID-19,” the President said, adding that the Government will also provide assistance in electricity tariffs for 450 VA customers and 900 VA customers.

“Last week, I said that electricity tariffs for 24 million 450 VA customers were free of charge, while 7 million 900 VA customers were given 50% reduction in April, May and June,” the President said. (TGH/EN)

 

 

Translated by: Estu Widyamurti
Reviewed by: M. Ersan Pamungkas

Latest News