Gov’t Allocates Subsidy Worth Rp3.2 Trillion for Railway Services
Ministry of Transportation has allocated budget to state-owned railway company PT KAI for public service obligations (PSO) and subsidies for pioneer trains this year.
The contract signing of the 2022 PSO and subsidies for pioneer trains was carried out by the Ministry’s Director General of Railways Zulfikri and President Director of PT KAI Didiek Hartantyo in Jakarta, Wednesday (01/12).
“The Government has entrusted a budget of around Rp3.2 trillion to PT KAI to serve around 250 million people,” Minister of Transportation Budi Karya Sumadi said during the event.
According to Budi, the Government has allocated a budget of Rp3,051 trillion for the PSO and a budget of Rp186.7 billion for pioneer trains subsidies.
“We aim to provide convenience, certainty, and safety for train users,” he added.
The Government has consistently provided budget for PSO and pioneer train subsidies. In 2018, the contract value for the PSO reached Rp2.27 trillion, Rp2.321 trillion in 2019, Rp2.519 trillion in 2020, and Rp3.448 trillion in 2021 trillion.
As for the value of the pioneer trains subsidies contract in 2018, it reached Rp193.405 billion, Rp183.960 billion in 2019, Rp159.012 billion in 2020, and Rp211.706 billion in 2021.
The PSO contracts for 2022 include:
- Long-distance economy train with four service lines with a volume of 1.59 million passengers in one year.
- Medium-distance economy train with nine service lines with a volume of 1.75 million passengers in one year.
- Short-distance economy train (local train) with 26 service lines with a volume of 16.33 million passengers in one year.
- Diesel-powered economy train with 14 service lines with a volume of 1.68 million passengers in one year.
- Economy train on Eid Al-Fitr with one service line with a volume of 18.66 thousand passengers in one year.
- Commuter line for Greater Jakarta with a volume of 220.33 million passengers in one year.
- Commuter line for Yogyakarta Region with a volume of 3.07 million passengers in one year.
In the meantime, the pioneer train subsidies for 2022 contract includes:
- Cut Meutia pioneer train with Kuta Blang-Krueng Geukueh route (21 km) with a contract value of Rp18.83 billion with eight fixed schedules per day.
- Lembah Anai pioneer train with Minangkabau International Airport–Kayu Tanam route (38 km) with a contract value of Rp13.86 billion with six fixed schedules per day.
- Minangkabau Express pioneer train with Pulau Aie–Minangkabau International Airport route (25.5 km) with a contract value of Rp24 billion with 12 fixed schedules per day.
- South Sumatra Light Rail Transit with Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin Airport–DJKA route (23 km) with a contract value of Rp119.77 billion with 88 fixed schedules per day.
- Bathara Kresna pioneer train with Purwosari–Wonogiri route (37 km) with a contract value of Rp10.3 billion with four fixed schedules per day.
(Ministry of Transportation PR/UN) (GWH/EP)