Gov’t Forms Fact-Finding Team to Investigate Kanjuruhan Tragedy
The Government has set up an independent fact-finding team to investigate the football tragedy that took place in Kanjuruhan Stadium in Malang regency, East Java province (10/03) that caused many casualties.
The team is led by Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Mahfud M. D.
“To investigate the case or the event of Kanjuruhan on October 1, 2022, the Government has formed an independent fact-finding team,” Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Mahfud M. D. said on Monday (10/03) in Jakarta.
Mahfud added that the team comprises personnel from different organizations and ministries.
“It consists of officials from related ministries, people from professional football organizations, observers, academics, and people from the mass media,” he said, adding that the investigation results and recommendations of the fact-finding team will be reported to President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo.
“The team will work for two weeks or a maximum of one month with the investigation results and recommendations of the team to be reported to the President,” he remarked.
For the record, the following are the head, deputy head, and members of the Kanjuruhan fact-finding team:
- Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Mahfud M. D. as the head;
- Minister of Youth and Sports Zainudin Amali as the deputy head;
- Nur Rochmad (former Junior Attorney General for General Crimes/former Deputy Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs) as the secretary;
- Rhenald Kasali (an academic from Universitas Indonesia), as a member;
- Sumaryanto (Rector of Yogyakarta State University), as a member;
- Akmal Marhali (a sports observer/coordinator of NGO Save Our Soccer), as a member;
- Anton Sanjoyo (a sports journalist for Kompas Daily), as a member;
- Nugroho Setiawan (former member of the Football Association of Indonesia/PSSI/holder of FIFA Security Officer license), as a member;
- Lieutenant General (retd) Doni Monardo (former Head of the National Agency for Disaster Management), as a member;
- Mayor General (retd) Suwarno (Deputy General Chairperson of the Indonesian National Sports Committee/KONI), as a member;
- Inspector General (retd) Sri Handayani (Former Deputy Chief of Regional Police of West Kalimantan Province), as a member;
- Laode M. Syarif (a partner/former leader of the Corruption Eradication Commission), as a member;
- Kurniawan Dwi Yulianto (a former Indonesian national football team player/member of the Indonesian Professional Football Player Association/APPI), as a member.
(PR of Coordinating Ministry for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs/UN) (DH/EP)