Gov’t Requires Travelers of ‘Mudik’ to Fill eHAC
The Government requires travelers to fill eHAC or electronic-health alert card on PeduliLindungi application prior to traveling to their hometowns or villages for all transportation modes, as the said rule has previously been implemented for air transport travelers.
“With the issuance of Circulars of Ministry of Transportation Number 36-38 of 2022, the people who will travel to their hometowns, be it using land, sea, or air transports, must fill eHAC prior to traveling to their hometowns,” said Chief of Digital Transformation Office, Ministry of Health, Setiaji, as quoted on the Ministry’s official website, Wednesday (04/13).
The implementation has started from 5 April 2022. The transport crews will check the traveling eligibility through eHAC filled by the travelers a day before departure or a moment before departure.
However, Setiaji said that those who travel with private vehicles will be checked randomly.
“Although they will be randomly checked, those who travel with private cars or motorcycles are requested to fill eHAC as a shared responsibility to prevent a spike in COVID-19 cases in the regions,” he stated firmly.
In order to be eligible to do traveling, those who will travel to hometown must comply with requirements as follows:
- Travelers using air transport who have received third dose vaccination are not required to do tests, be it antigen test or RT-PCR test, to be eligible to travel by air transport. eHAC will check the eligibility based on the test.
- Travelers who have received primary vaccination up to second dose are required to fulfill the term of having a negative result of antigen test within 1 x 24 hours or RT-PCR test within 3 x 24 before departure.
- Travelers who have received only first dose vaccination are required to show document on the result of RT-PCR test within 3 x 34 hours prior to departure.
- Travelers with comorbid who cannot receive vaccination must show a statement letter from doctor of government hospitals, and the result of the RT-PCR test is valid within 3 x 24 hours.
The eHAC filling is not mandatory for children aged 6 years and under who are free from vaccination and therefore, they are not required to have antigen test or RT-PCR test prior to traveling.
Setiaji expressed hope that the implementation of eHAC filling prior to and during Eid al-Fitr holiday can ease the people and the officers in checking the eligibility of traveling. Moreover, not only prior to Eid al-Fitr holiday, the implementation of eHAC filling also will be continued until a new regulation is issued.
The guide and steps to fill eHAC on PeduliLindungi application for domestic travelers are as follows:
- Download the latest version of PeduliLindungi application.
- Create new account or log in if you already have a PeduliLindungi account.
- Click “eHAC” feature, then select “Buat eHAC” (create eHAC).
- Select “Domestik” (domestic) for domestic travelers.
- Select mode of transportation.
- Select date of departure.
- For land and sea transportation users, fill the information on mode of transportation, location, place of departure and destination.
- For air transport users, fill the information on flight number.
- If flight number is not available, fill in the data on flight manually by selecting name of airline, airport of departure and destination.
- Make sure the information is correct, then click “Lanjutkan” (continue).
- Fill “Data Personal” (personal data), the data can be filled up to four persons.
- Next, you can check the eligibility to do traveling. If you are eligible, save the information you have filled previously.
- Afterward, select “Konfirmasi” (confirmation) and finish.
If the traveler’s status is not eligible to do traveling, then manual validation can be made by showing vaccination certificate and a result of antigen test or RT-PCR test on PeduliLindungi application or showing physical documents to the officers or Port Health Office (KKP) at the airport. (PR Office of Ministry of Health/UN) (AW/HD/MUR)