Gov’t Set to Hire 572,496 New Civil Servants This Year

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation     Date 3 Agustus 2023
Category: News
Read: 81 Views

Minister of State Apparatus and Bureaucratic Reform Abdullah Azwar Anas (Photo by: Rahmat/PR)

The Government has announced it will recruit a total of 572,496 new civil servants later this year.

According to data as of August 1, 2023, the Government is set to hire 78,862 new civil servants for the Central Government level and 493,634 new civil servants for the regional government level.

Minister of State Apparatus and Bureaucratic Reform Abdullah Azwar Anas said that the recruitment is mostly targeted to the non-tenured employees.

For the record, the number of non-tenured employees now reaches 2.3 million people and is currently in the process of being audited by the Financial and Development Supervisory Agency (FDSA) and the State Civil Service Agency (SCSA).

“The Government continues to prioritize non-tenured employees [to become civil servants] because they have served the country. Hence, for this year’s recruitment, 80 percent are for applicants who are now non-tenured employees and the remaining 20 percent is for general applicants,” the Minister said in Jakarta, Thursday (08/03).

Abdullah also reveled a number of policies for the this year’s civil servant recruitment.

First, the Government will provide the opportunities mostly for positions in the fields of basic services such as teachers and health workers.

“Nearly 80 percent of the vacant posts this year will be for teachers and health workers,” he said.

Second, the Government will provide recruitment opportunities for digital talent and data scientists.

Third, the Government will reduce positions whose tasks will be affected by digital transformation.

The allocation for civil servant candidates is 28,903 people for civil servants and 49,959 people for government employees with work agreements (GEWA).

As for the regional governments, the allocation is 296,084 people for GEWA teachers, 154,724 people for GEWA health workers, and 42,826 people for GEWA positions.

The selection process will begin in September.

Previously, Ministry of State Apparatus and Bureaucratic Reform (MSABR) has set the need for 1,030,751 civil servants in 2023. However, there were a number of state institutions and regional governments that did not propose formations. (PR of Ministry of PANRB/UN) (EST/EP)

Latest News