Gov’t to Accelerate Economic Development of Skouw Cross-border Post
Date 21 Januari 2021
Following the issuance of Presidential Instruction Number 1 of 2021 on Acceleration of Economic Development of Aruk, Motaain, and Skouw State Border Areas, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung urged related ministries/institutions and regional governments to complete the implementation within two years.
He went on to say that there are 19 programs under the Presidential Instruction to be implemented in Skouw Border Areas, Papua Province, such as:
Six programs to be implemented by Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing:
- Construction of primary irrigation system at borders;
- Construction of piers;
- Construction of drinking water facility;
- Construction of roads connecting Mosso Village and Keerom Regency;
- Construction of road in Enggros; and
- Improvement of provincial roads connecting East Koya and West Koya Districts.
Five programs to be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture:
- Upgrading of rice milling unit;
- Construction of rice warehouse;
- Construction of sago processing facility in Skouw Yambe;
- Construction of corn processing unit; and
- Procurement of hybrid rice.
Three programs to be implemented by Ministry of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries:
- Rehabilitation of fishpond for fish farmer groups;
- Construction of fishpond for fish farmer groups; and
- Construction of fish seed and feeds for fish farmer groups.
Two programs to be implemented by Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources.
- Expansion of electricity network in Muara Tami and Abepura Districts; and
- Development of gas filling station in Skouw.
One program to be implemented by Ministry of Cooperatives and Medium, and Small-sized Enterprises, namely rehabilitation of traditional markets managed by the cooperatives at borders, underdeveloped and post-disaster regions.
One program to be implemented by Ministry of Transportation, namely acceleration of the construction of international goods terminal and showcase at Skouw Cross-border Post area.
Lastly, one program to be implemented by Ministry of Communication and Informatics, namely development of telecommunication networks including internet access and digital cellular network. (TGH/UN) (RAS/MMB)