Gov’t to Begin Economic Development of Aruk Cross-border Post
Following the issuance of Presidential Instruction Number 1 of 2021 on Acceleration of Economic Development of Aruk, Motaain, and Skouw State Border Areas, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung asserted that the implementation of the Instruction must be completed within two years.
Pramono also emphasized the importance of inter-institutional cooperation and coordination in the implementation of the Instruction.
In total, there are 60 programs under the Presidential Instruction; 21 of which to be implemented in Aruk Border Areas, such as:
Five programs to be implemented by Ministry of Agriculture:
- Development of seed center and center for pepper production;
- Development of center for orange production;
- Development of swamp rice and inbred rice cultivation;
- Development of center for premium rice production; and
- Development of center for coconut production.
Five programs to be implemented by Ministry of Industry:
- Development of center for pepper industry;
- Development of packaging industry for exported pepper;
- Development of processing and packaging industry for orange product;
- Development of processing and packaging industry for rice product; and
- Development of center for coconut production in Semparuk Industrial Area.
Four programs to be implemented by Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing:
- Construction of border roads in Temajuk – Aruk – Nanga Badau in West Kalimantan and Nanga Era – East Kalimantan Border;
- Construction of national roads in Sambas Regency, West Kalimantan;
- Construction of Drinking Water Facility; and
- Road improvement in Atong Bay, Temajuk Village, Paloh.
Two programs to be implemented by Ministry of Trade:
- Development/rehabilitation of traditional market; and
- Construction of warehouse.
Two programs to be implemented by Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources:
- Development of electricity network in Aruk border; and
- Development of gas filling station in Aruk.
One program to be implemented by Ministry of Village, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration, namely improving access in Temajuk Village border area.
One program to be implemented by Ministry of Communication and Informatics, namely expanding capacity of telecommunication network.
One program to be implemented by Ministry of Transportation, namely development of goods and passenger terminals in Aruk Cross-border Post. (TGH/UN) (RAS/MMB)