Gov’t to Establish Regulation on Sanctions for Those Flouting Health Protocols

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 14 Juli 2020
Category: News
Read: 110 Views

President Jokowi meets with reporters at the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, Monday (13/7). (Photo by: Agung/PR).

The Government has announced it is currently establishing a regulation on imposition of sanctions for those flouting health protocols, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has said.

According to the President, the move was made because the health protocols have not been carried out in a disciplined manner such as not wearing face masks.

“A survey shows that only 30% of the respondents wear face masks, while the remaining 70% do not,” the President told reporters in Jakarta, Monday (13/7).

The sanctions to be imposed, according to him, may be in the forms of fines and doing social work.

“The sanctions may be in the forms of fines or doing social work, or misdemeanors, and it is still under deliberation,” he said.

The Head of State also pointed out that the imposition of sanctions is expected to raise the people’s obedience in following the health protocols. (UN/EN)

 

 

Translator: Muhardi
Reviewed by: M. Ersan Pamungkas

Latest News