Govt to Speed Up Fund Disbursement for Lombok Quake Victims
Date 22 Maret 2019
President Joko Jokowi Widodo on Friday (22/3) said that a total of Rp5.1 trillion had been disbursed by the Government for houses reconstruction for victims of Lombok quake.
However, the fund must go through several procedures first, President Jokowi said in his remarks on the Stimulant Assistance Disbursement of Heavy, Medium and Light Damaged House in West Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB) province.
The President added that he has received suggestions to improve procedures to accelerate the disbursement process.
In addition, I also got a report that there is still a short of cement and light steel supply here, so I told Minister of State-owned Enterprises to ship them to Lombok immediately, he said, adding that there are currently 216,000 houses under construction.
The National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) head told me that there are approximately 4,000 additional houses to be constructed, the President said.
In response to complaints from residents whose houses have not yet been built and are still in the process of data collection, President Jokowi expressed hope that they can remain patient. The Government is also carrying out reconstruction in Palu, Donggala, Banten and Lampung, he added.
Although not in Lombok on a daily basis, the President said he would continue to monitor to ensure that the Lombok reconstruction would be completed. I will come here again in two or three months, he said. (DND/EN)
Translated by: Galuh Wicaksono
Edited by: Muhammad Ersan Pamungkas