Gov’t Unveils Criteria for People Unable to Receive Sinovac’s Vaccine
Date 16 Januari 2021
The Indonesian Government has announced criteria of people who cannot receive Chinese biopharmaceutical firm Sinovac Biotech’s COVID-19 vaccine.
For the record, Indonesia officially started free mass COVID-19 vaccination program on Wednesday (13/1). The vaccination program aims to achieve herd community through the vaccination of 70% of Indonesia’s population or around 181.5 million people.
The implementation will be carried out in stages with the first priority being health workers, then public service officers.
For the purposes of this vaccination program, the Government has secured 426 million doses of vaccine from several different companies and countries. As many as 3 million doses of ready-to-use Sinovac’s vaccines and 15 million raw materials of the vaccine to be processed by state-owned company Bio Farma have arrived in Indonesia.
However, as quoted from the covid19.go.id page, the Sinovac vaccine cannot be given to people with the following criteria:
- Having a history of COVID-19 confirmed case;
- Are Pregnant and breastfeeding women;
- Is under 18 years;
- Having a blood pressure of above 140/90;
- Experiencing symptoms of ARI such as cough/runny nose/shortness of breath in the last 7 days;
6.Having a history of contact with a household member who is in close contact/suspected/confirmed/is being treated for COVID-19 disease;
- Receiving long-term active therapy for blood disorders;
- Suffering from heart disease (heart failure/coronary heart disease);
- Suffering from Systemic Autoimmune Diseases (SLE/Lupus, Sjogren’s, vasculitis, and other autoimmune diseases);
- Suffering from kidney disease;
- Suffering from Autoimmune Rheumatic Disease/Rhematoid Arthritis;
- Suffering from chronic digestive tract diseases;
- Suffering from autoimmune hyperthyroid/hypothyroid disease;
- Suffering from cancer, blood disorders, immunocompromised/ immune deficiency, and receiving blood products/transfusions;
- Suffering from Diabetes Mellitus;
- Suffering from HIV; and
- Having lung disease (asthma, COPD, tuberculosis);
It is also stated that people with diabetes mellitus, HIV, or those with lung disease (asthma, COPD, tuberculosis) under certain conditions can receive the vaccine.
Further technical instructions for the implementation of COVID-19 vaccination can be downloaded from the following link: https://s.id/juknis-vaksinasi-c19 (COVID-19 Handling Task Force/UN) (FI/EP)