Gov’t Unveils Programs for Economic Development Acceleration in State Border Area of Motaain
Date 21 Januari 2021
The Indonesian Government has unveiled 20 programs for economic development acceleration in state border area of Motaain, East Nusa Tenggara.
Previously, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has signed Presidential Instruction Number 1 of 2021 on the Acceleration of Economic Development in State Border Areas of Aruk, Motaain, and Skouw. It aims to make the Cross Border Post (PLBN) areas the center of new economic growth.
According to Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung on Tuesday (19/1), the Presidential Instruction and its attachments will be implemented and completed no later than two years from its issuance.
As stated in the attachment to Presidential Instruction which can be accessed at jdih.setkab.go.id page, the programs for the Motaain Border Area are as follow:
– Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing – 8 programs
- Construction of a raw water reservoir in Lakmanen District;
- Construction of deep groundwater artesian wells;
- Handling of the road which connects PLBN Motaain to Atapupu;
- Handling of roads within the Atambua city which are connected to Haliluik intersection;
- Handling of the road which connects Atapupu to Oekusi (Democratic Republic of Timor Leste/RDTL);
- Handling of the road which connects Kupang to RDTL, via Kupang – South Central Timor – North Central Timor – Haliluik intersection – Atambua – Atapupu – Motaain – RDTL;
- Handling of the Lalu – Turiskain road section; and
- Handling of the Fulur – Nualain – Henes road section.
– Ministry of Village, Development of Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration – 4 programs
- Construction of the Sonis Laloran entrance road;
- Construction of the Naekasa technical reservoir;
- Construction of the Lookeu technical reservoir; and
- Construction of a village road in Silawan Village, East Tasifeto District.
– Ministry of Agriculture – 3 programs
- Provision of cow breeds to increase livestock production;
- Construction of export standard slaughterhouses;
- Development of the Sonis Laloran integrated livestock area.
– Ministry of Trade – 2 programs
- Development/revitalization of people’s markets;
- Construction of non-WRS warehouses/depots.
– Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources – 2 programs
- Development of electricity distribution networks in the Motaain border area;
- Construction of gas stations in Motaain.
– Ministry of Industry – 1 program
- Development of the chicken feed industry. (TGH/UN) (FI/LW)