Here is the Line-up of President Jokowis and Vice President Jusuf Kallas Working Cabinet Ministers
Having been long awaited by the public, President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) and Vice President Jusuf Kalla (JK) finally announced the line-up of their cabinets ministers. This cabinet is named the Working Cabinet.
This line-up of the cabinet ministers was announced by President Jokowi in the back yard of Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, on Sunday evening (26/10). While announcing the names of the cabinets ministers, President Jokowi, who was accompanied by First Lady Iriana Joko Widodo, Vice President Jusuf Kalla, and Madam Mufidah Jusuf Kalla, also introduced each one of the ministers.
Here are the names of the 34 ministers announced directly by President Jokowi.
1. Minister of State Secretariat: Pratikno; Rector of Gadjah Mada University Yogyakarta, Professor of Politics and Government, a once village-boy who then succeeded in cities
2. Minister of National Development Planning/Head of the National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas): Andrinof Chaniago, expert in public policy and budget who has written numerous books concerning the failures of development. I invite him to prevent our development from failing, President Jokowi explained.
3. Coordinating Minister of Maritime Affairs: Indroyono Susilo, highly-experienced doctor, the Food and Agriculture Organizations (FAOs) director of fisheries and sea farming. I ask him to safeguard the maritime potential in all territory of the Republic of Indonesia, Jokowi said.
4. Minister of Transportation: Ignasius Jonan, President Director of PT KAI (Indonesias state-owned rail company), professional manager who is experienced in public transportation, often works overtime and spends many of his nights sleeping in the railway coaches. Now, in addition to the railway coaches, he can spend his nights sleeping in the planes or in the ships, President Jokowi said.
5. Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries: Susi Pudjiastuti, entrepreneur woman, hard worker who started from zero but then made many breakthroughs and succeeded in developing transportation related to maritime affairs
6. Minister of Tourism: Arief Yahya, chief executive officer (CEO) of PT Telkom (Indonesias state-owned telecommunication company), highly-skilled professional, recipient of the Marketer of the Year 2013 award. Watch him out because, in addition to tourism, he can even promote you, certainly by means of information technology, Jokowi said.
7. Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources: Sudirman Said, reliable business manager who is consistent in combating corruption. He was once the executive director of Transparency Indonesia and is now the President Director of PT Pindad (Indonesias state-owned land-systems and weapons maker).
8. Coordinating Minister of Political, Legal, and Security Affairs: Tedjo Edhy Purdijatno, former Navy Chief of Staff, the right person to take charge of political, legal, and security affairs especially because we want to focus on maritime affairs now
9. Minister of Home Affairs: Tjahjo Kumolo, professional politician who is resolute and highly skilled in building dialogs with the public and regional governments. By chance, he also comes from Solo, Jokowi said.
10. Minister of Foreign Affairs: Retno Lestari Priansari Marsudi, career diplomat, Indonesian Ambassador to the Netherlands, hard worker, resolute and visionary personality. She is the first female Minister of Foreign Affairs in Indonesias history.
11. Minister of Defense: Ryamizard Ryacudu, intellect soldier, former Army Chief of Staff, who is democratic and loyal to the Unitary State of the Republic of Indonesia. I ask him to take charge of our defense, Jokowi said.
12. Minister of Law and Human Rights: Yasona Laoly, professional politician, expert in law, who is experienced especially in legal protection. He is expected to bring improvements to Indonesian law.
13. Minister of Communications and Information: Rudiantara, chief executive officer, professional in public telecommunications and information
14. Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reform: Yuddy Chrisnandi, young politician and skilled professional. I ask him to make fresh breakthroughs, President Jokowi asked.
15. Coordinating Minister of Economic Affairs: Sofyan Djalil, expert in economic and financial strategies, an Acehnese, to be the main leader of the Working Cabinet
16. Minister of Finance: Bambang Brodjonegoro, professional economist, known as experienced and uncorrupt personality, expert in fiscal decentralization and poverty eradication
17. Minister of State-Owned Enterprises: Rini Soemarno, professional who is highly-experienced as chief executive officer (CEO) in big companies, hard worker, head of the Transitional Team, former Minister of Trade and Industry She is a very fast, very energetic worker,” Jokowi mentioned.
18. Minister of Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises: AA Puspayoga, professional from political party who is very active in developing entrepreneurship
19. Minister of Industry: Saleh Husin, professional from political party
20. Minister of Trade: Rahmat Gobel, professional who has shown proven experience in the development of national trade. I assign him to develop Indonesias trade, President Jokowi said.
21. Minister of Agriculture: Amran Sulaiman, practitioner, thinker, young entrepreneur in agriculture, young exemplary figure who succeeds in developing models for agricultural enterprises
22. Minister of Manpower: Hanif Dhakiri, professional from political party who has shown dedication and has strong networking in manpower
23. Minister of Public Works and Public Housing: Basuki Hadimuljono, senior bureaucrat, experienced in infrastructures and public housing
24. Minister of Forestry and the Environment: Siti Nurbaya, doctor in planning, former Secretary General of the Ministry of Home Affairs, hard worker
25. Minister of Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Management/Head of the National Land Agency (BPN): Ferry Musyidan Baldan, professional from political party who has been active in managing and dealing with agrarian matters
26. Coordinating Minister of Human Development and Culture: Puan Maharani, female politician who is highly-experienced and has proven experiences as a leading figure in the 2014 general election
27. Minister of Religious Affairs: Lukman Hakim Saefudin, hard and zealous worker who has proven experiences in bringing changes. I demand that our reform agenda must be continued, Jokowi stated.
28. Minister of Health: Nila F. Moloek, senior experienced physician, Presidential special envoy for Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)
29. Minister of Social Affairs: Khofifah Indar Parawansa, leading figure in reforming NU (Indonesias Islamic mass organization), experienced personality
30. Minister of Womens Empowerment and Child Protection: Yohana Yembise, Papua’s first female professor
31. Minister of Culture and Elementary and Secondary Education: Anies Baswedan, pioneer of Indonesia Teaches programs
32. Minister of Research and Technology and Higher Education: M. Nasir, Professor at Diponegoro University Semarang, now Rector of the same university
33. Minister of Youth and Sports: Imam Nahrawi, professional politician who has strong networking in youth and sports
34. Minister of Villages, Disadvantaged Regions, and Transmigration: Marwan Jafar, politician, professional, who has strong networking and has written many books concerning pro-people infrastructures.