Indonesia Adopts “Recover Together, Recover Stronger” Theme for 2022 G20 Presidency
Date 14 September 2021
For the first time since the G20 was founded in 1999, Indonesia has been appointed to assume the G20 Presidency starting from 1 December 2021 to 30 November 2022.
“The Indonesian Presidency will adopt the theme ‘Recover Together, Recover Stronger’,” Indonesian Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno L.P. Marsudi said in a live-streamed joint press statement on the G20 Indonesian Presidency in 2022, Tuesday (14/09).
For the record, the handover of the G20 Presidency from Italy to Indonesia will take place at the G20 Summit in Rome, Italy on 30-31 October 2021.
“This is of course a matter of trust (for us). It is also a big responsibility for Indonesia at the same time and we will fulfill the responsibility as best as possible, Insya Allah,” Retno said.
In her press statement, Retno also explained the meaning of the G20 Indonesia Presidency logo that include:
- Red and white asthe base colors that represent the Indonesian flag
- Gunungan (Javanese word for mountain) that describes Indonesia’s active role in bringing the world into a new phase, namely post-pandemic collective recovery
- Kawung pattern that symbolizes perfection, justice, and might
- The combination of Gununganand Kawung as a vine that continues to grow representing the spirit of collective economic recovery
- Logotype of G20 Indonesia 2022.
“With the logo, we are committed that the Indonesian Presidency will bring a positive impact not only on all Indonesian people but also for the world,” she added.
The Minister also emphasized that the Government will work hard to make the 2022 G20 Presidency a success and provide maximum benefits for the Indonesian people and strengthen the role and leadership that Indonesia has been carrying out internationally.
“The Government hopes for support from all Indonesian people for the success of our country’s presidency,” she remarked. (RF/UN) (GWH/EP)