Indonesia, China Sign Five Cooperation Documents
The Governments of Indonesia and China, Wednesday (11/16), signed five cooperation documents at the Apurva Kempinski in Badung regency, Bali province.
The documents were signed during a bilateral meeting between the two countries on the sidelines of G20 Summit in the presence of Indonesian President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and President of the People’s Republic of China Xi Jinping.
The documents signed are as follows:
- Plan of Action on joint promotional cooperation for the global maritime axis framework and the Belt and Road Initiative;
- MoU on joint development of an Indonesian-Chinese center for medicinal plant conservation, research, and innovation;
- MoU on vocational training in the industry sector;
- MoU on digital economy enhancement cooperation; and
- Agreement on the expansion and intensification of economic and trade bilateral cooperation.
In addition, President Jokowi and President Xi Jinping also witnessed the operational tryout of the Jakarta-Bandung high-speed railway, the first high-speed railway in the country and Southeast Asia.
On that occasion, President Jokowi expressed hope that the high-speed train is ready to operate in June next year.
The two leaders also discussed the progress of cooperation in other sectors, including healthcare.
“At the beginning of last October, I inaugurated the first mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine factory in Southeast Asia owned by PT Etana Biotechnologies,” President Jokowi said.
In the meantime, President Xi Jinping expressed appreciation for the organization of the series of G20 meetings under the Indonesian Presidency that can boost global economic recovery.
“Let me congratulate Your Excellency for your successful leadership of the G20 Summit,” he remarked. (MAY/UN) (DH/MUR)