Indonesia, China Sign Ten MoUs on Bilateral Cooperation
Indonesia and the People’s Republic of China Tuesday (10/17) signed ten Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) on bilateral cooperation, witnessed by Indonesian President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Chinese President Xi Jin Ping during President Jokowi’s working visit to the Chinese capital of Beijing.
The ten MoUs are as follows:
- Protocols on Requirements for Veterinary Examination, Quarantine, and Sanitation of Wild Aquatic Products Exported from Indonesia to China;
- Protocols on Requirements for Quarantine and Hygiene of Edible Aquatic Animals Exported from Indonesia to China;
- MoU on Global Development Initiative Implementation Cooperation;
- MoU on Dialogue Between Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Ministers of Defense;
- MoU on Rural Area Development and Poverty Alleviation Cooperation;
- MoU on Exchange of Sustainable Governance and Development Experience;
- MoU on Establishment of Coordination Mechanism of Joint Promotion of Global Maritime Axis and the Belt and Road Initiative;
- MoU on Intensification of Cooperation on Healthcare and Medicine;
- MoU on Strengthening of Investment and Economic Cooperation; and
- MoU on Capacity Improvement and Exchange as well as Sustainable Development Cooperation.
During the bilateral meeting with his Chinese counterpart prior to the signing, President Jokowi expressed optimism that Indonesia’s good relations with China will continue to strengthen.
On that score, President Jokowi expressed hope that the two countries make the most of the good momentum to boost their bilateral cooperation.
“We must keep the momentum to further promote our bilateral cooperation and enhance concrete collaboration for the region and for the world,” he remarked. (BPMI of Presidential Secretariat/DNS) (DH/EP)