Indonesia Wins First Gold Medal in Hangzhou Asian Games
The Indonesian contingent has finally secured its first gold medal for the country after shooting athlete Muhammad Sejahtera Dwi Putra won the 10-meter running target mixed men competition at the 2022 Asian Games. held at Fuyang Yinhu Sports Centre, China, Monday (09/25).
Muhammad Sejahtera scored 9,633 points with records of 99, 97, 95, 95, 95, 94, and 98 in six shooting attempts, earning a total of 578 points.
Muhammad Sejahtera outclassed Vietnam’s Huu Vuong Ngo with a score of 571 and Jeong Yujin from the Republic of Korea with a score of 565 who won silver and bronze medals respectively.
Currently, Indonesia has bagged a total of 6 medals with 1 gold, 1 silver, and 4 bronze, placing the country in the eighth position in the Asian Games medal tally.
The list of Indonesian athletes who won medals at the 19th Asian Games thus far is as follows:
- Muhammad Sejahtera Dwi Putra in 10m running target mixed men shooting event (gold)
- Edgar Xavier Marvelo in men’s Changquan wushu event (silver)
- Chelsea Corputty/Mutiara Rahma in women’s lightweight double sculls rowing event (bronze)
- Ihram/Memo in men’s double sculls rowing event (bronze)
- Rifqi Harits Taufiqurahman/Kakan Kusmana/Sulpianto/Asuhan Pattiha/Ferdiasyah/Denri Maulidzar Alghiffari/Ardi Isadi/Ujang Hasbulloh/Rendi Setia Maulana in men’s eight rowing event (bronze)
- Muhammad Badri Akbar/Irfandi Julio/Muhammad Sejahtera Dwi Putra in 10m running target team men shooting event (bronze)
(PR of Ministry of Youth and Sports) (SI/DH)