Jokowi-JK Administration Develops Infrastructures in Border Areas to Anticipate Inter-Country Conflicts
Date 27 Oktober 2016
Minister of Defence Ryamizard Ryacudu explained that in two years administration of President Joko Jokowi Widodo and Vice President Jusuf Kalla, in accordance with the nine priority agenda or Nawacita, the Government has strengthened the sea as well as border areas by developing border areas.
In regards to inspection road and border, 50 meters from boundary markers, there is a 3 meters inspection road and also border posts. It will be adjusted with the real condition, the Minister said in a Press Briefing of 2 Years Jokowi-JK Real Works at Bina Graha Building, Office of Presidential Chief of Staff, Jakarta, on Thursday (27/10) afternoon.
In addition, the Minister further said, it requires borrow-to-use permit from the Ministry of Environment and Forestry since the inspection road shall pass conservation forests as well as national parks that are protected by Laws.
Regarding development in Riau Islands (Natuna), according to Minister Ryamizard Ryacudu, there are a number of works that will be done, such as the development of runway structure of R. Sajad Ranai Airport in Natuna, development planning of Lampa Strait Dock, development planning of Temajuk Sambas Naval Base Type C, development of Composite Battalion Base, Rai Armed (Field Artillery Battery) in Tanjung Datuk, Rai Arhanud (Air Defence Artillery Battery) in Ranai, Ki Zipur in Setengar, and Military Area Command in Natuna.
I need to say that one of the considerations to develop defence infrastructures in Natuna is to anticipate the impacts of South China Sea conflicts and also to prevent illegal fishing, the Minister said.
In the meantime, the development in Papua as well as other frontier, outermost, and least developed regions, encounters a number of obstacles, such as extreme geographical condition that becomes a burdonsome for logistics and construction materials distribution. Therefore, we would work optimally when the weather is fine and add more heavy equipments needed to make a smooth distribution track, the Minister explained.
Other Developments by the Ministry of Defence
Developments in Papua, such as:
- Dock Construction in Naval Main Base XI Merauke, which work has been 40 percent completed;
- Facilities improvement of 5,700 square meters overlay taxi way in Biak Air Defence Base;
- Construction of a new Military Area Command (Military Area Command XVII Kasuari) of West Papua in Manokwari;
- Construction of 23 kilometers Wamena-Mamugu road, collaborating with the Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing that has been 85 percent completed;
- Continued construction of taxi way in Merauke Air Defence Base in Papua that has been 100 percent completed.;
- Development planning of Biak Naval Base Dock (100 percent);
- Defence Empowerment of Border Areas in Papua;
- Indonesia-Papua New Guinea Land Borders Management;
- Legal Counseling on State Defence and Love for the Country to the people that held throughout the year;
Developments in Kalimantan, such as:
- Construction of 312.84 kilometers Inspection Road and Border Patrol of the 2015 Fiscal Year that has been 100 percent completed;
- Construction of 24.4 kilometers Administration Road of the 2015 Fiscal Year that has been 100 percent completed;
- Construction of 308.25 kilometers Inspection Road and Border Patrol of the 2016 Fiscal Year that has been 43 percent completed;
- Construction of 22 kilometers Administration Road from Simantobol to Kampung of the 2016 Fiscal Year that has been 65 percent completed;
- Construction of 403 kilometers Pioneer Road of the 2016 Fiscal Year that has been 82 percent completed;
- Construction of Parallel Borders of West Kalimantan, North Kalimantan, and East Kalimantan Provinces with the total length of23 kilometers collaborating with the Ministry of Public Works and Public Housing;
- Procurements of 48 units of Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) , 10 units of Fixed-Wing, Alberzi, and Means of Transportation as much as 156 units (100 percent);
- Construction of Infantry Battalion 614/RJP (100 percent);
- Social Services of Indonesian National Defence Forces (TNI) throughout the year;
- Indonesia-Malaysia negotiation;
- State Defence program throughout the year; the troops may change but the program would be continued.
- Health Social Services and Legal Counseling throughout the year;
- Procurements of seven motorcycles and KMC-14 (100 percent);
- Construction of Indonesian Navys Dock in Sei Pancang, Sebatik Island, Nunukan, North Kalimantan Province. The first phase covers 804 square meters (100 percent completed) while the second covers 1,400 square meters (70 percent completed);
- Construction of Infantry Battalion in Paloh Subdistrict, Sambas Regency (65 percent completed);
- Construction of Air Defence Base Type C in Liku, Sambas Regency (15 percent completed);
- Facilities works in Supadio Air Defence Base, Pontianak (75 percent completed);
- Facilities works in Tarakan Air Defence Base (42 percent completed);
- Apron as well as facilities works inTarakan Air Defence Base (40 percent completed).
Developments in East Nusa Tenggara, such as:
- Extention of apron of Eltari Kupang Air Defence Base (88 percent completed);
Healh Social Services of Ministry of Defence and TNI at East Nusa Tenggara and Timor Leste border in Raihat Subdistrict, Atambua Regency, in February 2016 that served 1,000 patients. (FID/ES)(MMB/YM/Naster)