Leani Ratri Oktila-Hary Susanto Win Second Gold Medal for Indonesia at Tokyo Paralympics
Date 4 September 2021
Paralympic badminton pair Leani Ratri Oktila and Hary Susanto won the second gold medal for Indonesian contingent in the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics.
Ratri and Hary, who played at the SL3-SU5 mixed doubles final para-badminton event at Yoyogi National Stadium, Sunday (05/09), succeeded to achieve a gold medal after defeating French pair Lucas Mazur and Faustine Noel in two straight games, with scores of 23-21 and 21-17.
Previously, Ratri also played at the SL4 women’s singles today (05/09) and won a silver medal after her lost to Cheng Hefang from China in tight rubber games with scores of 19-21, 21-17, and 16-21.
Indonesia also achieved another medal in para-badminton from athlete Fredy Setiawan. Fredy who competed in the SL4 men’s singles today achieved a silver medal after winning from Indian athlete Tarun in two games straight with scores of 21-17 and 21-11.
With the additional three medals, the Red and White Contingent has won nine medals (two golds, three silvers, and four bronzes) and ranked 43rd.
The nine medals were won by:
- Leani Ratri Oktila and Khalimatus Sadiyah in SL3-SU5 women’s doubles para-badminton (gold medal);
- Leani Ratri Oktila and Hary Susanto in SL3-SU5 mixed doubles para-badminton (gold medal);
- Ni Nengah Widiasih in women’s 41-kg para-powerlifting (silver medal);
- Dheva Anrimusthi in SU5 men’s singles para-badminton (silver medal);
- Leani Ratri Oktila in SL4 women’s singles para-badminton (silver medal);
- Saptouogo Purnomo in T37 men’s 100-meter para-athletics (bronze medal);
- David Jacobs in men’s singles class 10 para-tennis table (bronze medal);
- Suryo Nugroho in SU5 men’s singles para-badminton (bronze medal); and
- Fredy Setiawan in SL4 men’s singles para-badminton (bronze medal). (UN) (DH/MUR)