No Indonesian Casualties Reported in Lahore Attack, Foreign Minister Says

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 28 Maret 2016
Category: News
Read: 4.799 Views
Menlu-Retno

Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi answers reporters’ questions at Merdeka Palace on Monday (28/3).

Following a deadly blast that occurred at Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park in Pakistan’s eastern city of Lahore on Sunday afternoon (27/3), Indonesian Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno L.P. Marsudi confirmed that there are no Indonesian casualties reported in the blast, which killed at least 65 people and injured 300 others.

Retno added that shortly after the incident, the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has coordinated with Indonesian Ambassador to Pakistan in capital Islamabad.

“I reported to the President that so far, there are no Indonesian casualties reported in the blast. I also reported to him that the Ministry has intensified coordination with the Pakistani authority and we have sent a team to Lahore,” the Minister said to reporters at the State Palace on Monday (28/3).

Nevertheless, Retno said although there are no Indonesian casualties in the blast, a team from the Indonesian Embassy in Islamabad on Monday (28/3) left for Lahore to confirm the report and to intensify coordination between the Indonesian Government and the Pakistani authority.

“There are a number of Indonesian students studying in Lahore. We have also contacted them to find out whether their friends are missing and other things,” the Minister explained to the media.

Retno also said that the Ministry has provided hotline numbers for updates and information at +922832012 and +923458571989.

“So the numbers can be contacted anytime,” the Minister concluded.  (FID/JAY/ES) (Naster/YM/EP)

Latest News