Polri Chief Issues Guideline on Health Protocol Compliance for Year-End Holidays
Date 23 Desember 2020
Chief of the National Police of the Republic of Indonesia (Polri) Gen. Idham Azis has issued a guideline Number Mak/4/XII of 2020 on Health Protocol Compliance in 2020 Christmas and New Year 2021 Holidays.
The following is the contents of the guideline signed by Chief of the National Police on 23 December 2020:
- Taking into account the COVID-19 handling nationally which has not been fully controlled and still has the potential to spread widely in the communities;
- In order to provide protection and ensure public safety and security during 2020 Christmas and New Year 2021 Holidays, Chief of the Polri hereby issues an edict not to hold meetings / activities that invite large crowds in public places in the forms of:
- Christmas celebrations and activities outside places of worship;
- New Year’s Eve party / celebration;
- Procession, parade, and carnival;
- Fireworks display.
- Police officers are required to take necessary actions in accordance with prevailing laws and regulations should they find any party flouting this edict.
- This guideline is issued for the entire public to know and to obeyed.
(POLRI PR/UN) (MUR/EP)