President Joko Widodo Welcomes East World Policy
Date 30 Maret 2016
After meeting Vice President of Switzerland Doris Leuthard, President Joko Widodo received the visit of Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs Daniel Mitov and his delegation, at Merdeka Palace, Jalan Medan Merdeka Utara, Central Jakarta, on Wednesday (30/3) afternoon.
The delegation, led by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, is comprising of:
1. H.E. Mr. Daniel Mitov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria;
2. Mr. Vladimir Shopov, Adviser to the Minister;
3. Mrs. Velislava Panova, Adviser to the Minister;
4. Mr. Angel Orbetsov, Director of Asia, Australia and Oceania Directorate;
5. Mr. Grigor Porozhanov, Director of Foreign Economic Relations Directorate;
6. H.E. Mr. Sergey Michev, Ambassador of the Republic of Bulgaria to the Republic of Indonesia;
7. Mrs. Alexandrina Guinova, First Secretary at the Embassy of the Republic of Bulgaria in Indonesia;
8. Mrs. Kalina Damianova, Second Secretary Asia, Australia and Oceania Directorate; and
9. Mr. Nikolay Tsenkov, Chairperson of the Board of Directors of National Company Industrial Zones.
Cooperation in Economic Sector
Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno L. P. Marsudi stated that the Presidents meeting with Minister Daniel discussed the commitment to enhance economic relations of the two countries. Bulgaria is the 9th biggest Indonesias trade partner with Eastern and Central Europe, Minister Retno told the journalists after accompanying the President received Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Minister, at Merdeka Palace.
Indonesia-Bulgaria cooperation has a big potential.Although the number is still low, it can be developed. Second, President Joko Widodo welcomed the East World Policy, initiated by the President of Bulgaria, Retno added.
East World Policy, according to Retno, is Bulgarias policy to expand the horizon of relations with Asia and Indonesia that become one of development priorities.
Bulgaria is a member of European Union which located quite near with Asia. Therefore, Bulgaria is also expected to be a brigde connecting Asia and Europe, Retno said.
She explained that the development of Bulgarias economy is well monitored by world. Meanwhile, Indonesias growth rate has reached 5.04 percent. President Joko Widodo as well as Minister Daniel explained infrastructure development in their countries, Minister Retno said.
On that occasion, Retno Marsudi also said that previously, in the morning, an agreement on visa-free facility for diplomatic and service passports holders has been signed. We also welcome the signing of an MoU on cultural sectors by Minister of Education and Culture Anies Baswedan, Minister Retno said.
Both countries have agreed to again carry out Joint Economic Commission in 2017 in Bulgaria. I hope that all pending issues, such as the draft of maritime cooperation on combating trans organic crime can be resolved when we hold the economic commission in 2017 in Bulgaria, Minister Retno said.
On that meeting, President Joko Widodo was accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno L. P. Marsudi, Minister of Education and Culture Anies Baswedan, Minister of Trade Thomas Lembong, and Head of Investment Coordinating Board Franky Sibarani. (EN/ES)(MMB/YM/Naster)