President Jokowi Applauds Invention on Fabric Made From Wood Fiber

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 21 Februari 2020
Category: News
Read: 132 Views

President Jokowi sends off an export container carrying tons of viscose rayon fiber after the inauguration of PT. Asia Pasific Rayon, in Pelalawan Regency, Riau Province, Friday (21/2). (Photo: PR Division/ Ibrahim)

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo expressed appreciation to the new invention that can change rayon wood fiber (widely known as viscose) into a fabric using technology developed by PT. Asia Pacific Rayon in Pelalawan Regency, Riau Province.

“This is the result of a technology development which needs to be praised of and it was developed in a small town of Pelalawan, Riau. Not in Capital Jakarta or Java Island,” President Jokowi said on site, Friday (21/2).

On that occasion, President Jokowi said that countries are fighting over investment as more investment means more money which can generate positive economic growth and people’s welfare.

He further said that the State Budget and Regional Budget only affect 23% of national economic growth. The remaining 77% is highly relying on the private sector.

”Thus, I welcome the investment of PT. Asia Pacific Rayon in Pelalawan Regency, Riau Province,” the President said.

Indonesia, he added, is currently at 16th place in the global Gross Domestic Products (GDP) rank and 7th in the global Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) rank.

“This is what most people don’t know about. So let’s be grateful (for Indonesia’s economic condition),” President Jokowi continued.

He went on to say that Indonesia is on par with European countries as well as the United States in terms of technology, as seen from the invention of wood fiber that turns into fabric and garment.

“Therefore, I ordered Minister of Industry to support our garment industry. Do not lose out to Vietnam and Malaysia,” the President firmly said, adding that currently it is not rich countries beating the poor ones or the big beating the weak. It is the fast beating the slow ones and Indonesia aspires to be among the fast. (RSF/EN)

Translated by: Estu Widyamurti
Reviewed by: Mia Medyana

Latest News