President Jokowi Appoints New Communications Minister, Five Deputy Ministers
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo Monday (07/17) inaugurated Budi Arie Setiadi as Minister of Communications and Informatics at the State Palace, Jakarta.
The inauguration was carried out based on Decree of President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 62/P of 2023 on Appointment of Minister of Communications and Informatics of the Indonesia Onward Cabinet for the 2019-2024 Term.
On the occasion, the President also installed five Deputy Ministers based on Decree of President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 32/M of 2023 on Appointment and Replacement of Deputy Ministers of Indonesian Onward Cabinet for the 2019-2024 Term, as follows:
- Pahala Nugraha Mansury as Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs;
- Nezar Patria as Deputy Minister of Communications and Informatics;
- Paiman Raharjo as Deputy Minister of Villages, Development of Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration;
- Rosan Perkasa Roeslani as Deputy Minister of State-owned Enterprises; and
- Saiful Rahmat as Deputy Minister of Religious Affairs.
After the reciting of the Presidential Decree, President Jokowi led the swearing-in ceremony of the new minister and deputy ministers.
“I do solemnly swear by God that I pledge my allegiance to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia and will uphold all laws and regulations in an honest manner for my service to the nation and state. I will uphold the code of ethics and be fully responsible in carrying out my duties,” reads the oath. (DND/UN) (GWH/MUR)