President Jokowi Bestows National Hero Titles to Five Figures
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Monday (11/07) bestowed the title of national hero in 2022 to five figures from various regions who have contributed to the nation and state, at the State Palace, Jakarta.
“Today, the Government bestowed the title of national hero to figures who have made great contributions to the nation and state,” said the President after the awarding procession.
This award is based on the Presidential Decree of the Republic of Indonesia Number 96/TK/2022 on the Awarding of the National Hero Title which was promulgated in Jakarta, on November 3, 2022.
The five figures who were awarded the title of national hero to celebrate the 2022 National Heroes Day are:
- The late Dr. dr. H. R. Suharto, from Central Java province;
- The late KGPAA Paku Alam VIII, from the Special Region of Yogyakarta;
- The late dr. R. Rubini Natawisastra, from West Kalimantan province;
- The late H. Salahuddin bin Talibuddin, from North Maluku province; and
- The late K.H. Ahmad Sanusi, from West Java province.
The titles were received by the heirs of the figures. The ceremony ended with congratulations from President Jokowi to the heirs of the 2022 National Heroes, followed by other invitees. (FID/UN) (YC/FI)