President Jokowi Calls for Immediate Distribution of Direct, Social Cash Assistance

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation     Date 16 Mei 2020
Category: News
Read: 644 Views

President Jokowi responds to the issue of social aid distribution amid the ongoing pandemic, Saturday (3/16). (Photo by: BPMI).

Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has ordered relevant cabinet ministers to accelerate the distribution of both direct cash assistance (BLT) and social cash assistance (BST) through procedure simplification.

“I’ve ordered Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture, Minister of Social Affairs, and also Minister of the Villages to accelerate the process of distributing village funds direct cash assistance (BLT Desa) and social cash assistance by simplifying the procedures,” the President said in his statement regarding social aid during the COVID-19 pandemic, Saturday (16/5).

Amid the ongoing outbreak, the Government, he said, has provided social assistance to the people, among others, free electricity for 450 VA customers and a 50 percent fee reduction for 900 VA customers, staple food card for 20 million recipients, Family Hope Program (PKH) for 10 million beneficiaries, village funds direct cash assistance, and social cash assistance.

On that occasion, the President also said the amount of social cash assistance is Rp600,000 per month for three months, while the amount of BLT Desa is Rp600,000 per month for three months.

“I’ve learned the situation on the ground that many people have not received both BLT Desa and social cash assistance,” he said.

To date, BLT Desa distributed has only reached 15 percent, while the remaining 85 percent has not been distributed. As for social cash assistance, only 25 percent has been distributed.

“We hope the communities will actively ask their neighboring unit (RT) and community unit (RW) heads or village heads regarding the assistance,” the President said. (UN/EN)



Translator: Muhardi
Reviewed by: M. Ersan Pamungkas

Latest News