President Jokowi Confers Honorary Merit Award to 71 Figures
Date 11 November 2020
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has conferred on Wednesday (11/11) honorary merit award to 71 figures including former ministers and medical staff in a ceremony held at the State Palace, Jakarta by adhering to strict health protocols.
The awarding ceremony was conducted based on Presidential Decree of the Republic of Indonesia Number 118 and 119/TK of 2020 on the Conferment of Bintang Mahaputra and Bintang Jasa Medals.
The President awarded Bintang Mahaputera Adipradana medals to 32 figures, represented by:
- Puan Maharani Nakshatra Kusyala, Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture for the 2014-2019 period;
- Anwar Usman, Chief Justice for the 2018-2021 period;
- Arief Hidayat, Chief Justice for the 2015-2018 period;
- Aswanto, Deputy Chief Justice for the 2018-2021 period;
- Airlangga Hartarto, Minister of Industry for the 2016-2019 period;
- General (Ret.) Luhut Binsar Panjaitan, Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs for the 2016-2019 period;
- Pratikno, Minister of State Secretary for the 2014-2019 period;
- Retno Lestari Priansari Marsudi, Minister of Foreign Affairs for the 2014-2019 period;
- Muhadjir Effendy, Minister of Education and Culture for the 2016-2019 period;
- Darmin Nasution, Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs for the 2015-2019 period;
- Mochamad Basoeki Hadimoeljono, Minister of Public Works and Public Housing for the 2014-2019 period;
- General (Ret.) Muhammad Tito Karnavian, Chief of the Indonesian National Police for the 2016-2019 period;
- Tjahjo Kumolo, Minister of Home Affairs for the 2014-2019 period; and
- General (Ret.) Sutarman, Chief of the Indonesian National Police for the 2013-2015 period.
Meanwhile, Bintang Mahaputera Utama medals were bestowed on 14 figures, represented by:
- Khofifah Indar Parawansa, Minister of Social Affairs for the 2014-2018 period;
- General (Ret.) Mulyono, Chief of Staff of Indonesian Army for the 2015-2018 period;
- Admiral (Ret.) Ade Supandi, Chief of Staff of Indonesian Navy for the 2014-2018 period; and
- Marshal (Ret.) Agus Supriatna, Chief of Staff of Indonesian Air Force for the 2015-2017 period.
Bintang Jasa Utama medals were bestowed on 2 figures, namely:
- Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita, Minister of Social Affairs for the 2018-2019 period; and
- Gen. Syafruddin, Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reforms for the 2018-2019 period.
Bintang Jasa Pratama medals were bestowed on 14 figures, including late dr. Ketty Herawati Sultana from Medistra Hospital, Jakarta.
Nine Bintang Jasa Nararya medals were granted to late Nani Suhartini, nurse at Sukmul Sisma Medika Hospital Jakarta and eight other figures.
The awarding ceremony was begun with reverberation of the national anthem “Indonesia Raya” and followed by recitation of Presidential Decree, prayer which was led by Minister of Religious Affairs. Afterwards, the figures received congratulations from the President and Vice President. (TGH/UN)
Translated by: Rany Anjany
Reviewed by: Muhardi