President Jokowi Confers National Hero Titles at State Palace
President Joko Jokowi Widodo, accompanied by Vice President Jusuf Kalla, awarded the title of National Hero to 6 national figures at the 2018 National Hero Award Conferment Ceremony at the State Palace, Jakarta, Thursday (8/11).
The six national figures granted the title of National Hero, based on Presidential Decree of the Republic of Indonesia Number 123 / TK / Year 2018 on Awarding of the National Hero Title, are:
- The late Abdurrahman Baswedan, a national figure from Special Region of Yogyakarta Province;
- The late Agung Hajjah Andi Depu, a national figure from West Sulawesi Province;
- The late Depati Amir, a national figure from Bangka Belitung Province;
- The late Mr. Kasman Singodimedjo, a national figure from Central Java Province;
- The late Ir. H. Pangeran Mohammad Noor, a national figure from South Kalimantan Province; and
- The late Brigadier General KH Syam’un, a national figure from Banten Province.
After the ceremony, the President and the Vice President, followed by officials and other guests, congratulated the heirs and the companions of the recipients of the National Hero tittle.
Also present during the event were, among others, Minister of State Secretary Pratikno, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, Minister of Social Affairs Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita, Minister of Religious Affairs Lukman Hakim Saifuddin, Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reform Syafruddin, Minister of Youth and Sports Imam Nahrawi, Commander of the Indonesian National Defense Forces (TNI) Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto, and Chief of the Indonesian National Police (Polri) General Tito Karnavian.
Translated by: Ridwan Ibadurrohman
Edited by: Yuyu Mulyani