President Jokowi Greets TNI Soldiers during 76th TNI Anniversary
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo greeted the Indonesian National Defense Forces (TNI) soldiers serving home and abroad during the Commemoration Ceremony of the 76th Anniversary of the TNI Day, at the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, Tuesday (05/10).
The TNI soldiers greeted by the President via video conference were:
- The soldiers serving in the Overseas Task Force in UNIFIL (United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon);
- The soldiers serving in the Indonesian outer island/border of Ndana Rote in East Nusa Tenggara province;
- The soldiers serving at KRI Multatuli-561 command ship in northern Natuna waters;
- The soldiers serving at the Pamtas RI-MLY Yonmek 643/WNS Task Force in Entikong, West Kalimantan province; and
- The soldiers serving at Indrapura Field Hospital, Surabaya, East Java province.
Receiving reports from TNI representatives in five locations namely Colonel Inf Amril Haris Isya Siregar in Garuda UNIFIL contingent, Sea Captain Aghy Kauna in Ndana Rote post, Admiral TNI Dato Rusman in North Natuna area, Lieutenant Colonel Inf Hendro in Entikong, and Colonel CKM Krishna Murti in Indrapura Hospital, the conditions in all locations were generally under control.
The President also expressed his gratitude for the soldiers’ hard work. “Thank you all for the hard work, thank you all,” he said. (MAY/UN) (FI/LW)