President Jokowi Hands Over Bonuses to ASEAN Para Games Athletes
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Monday (11/28) at the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, handed over bonuses to the athletes of the 2022 ASEAN Para Games.
On that occasion, the President expressed his gratitude for the achievements of the Indonesian contingent in the ASEAN sports event.
“We won 425 medals, namely 175 gold medals, 144 silver medals, and 106 bronze medals,” President Jokowi said.
The President also said that that the Government provides bonuses with the total amount of Rp 309 billion to the athletes who have made achievement in the event.
The President said that the achievement of Indonesian athletes in the ASEAN Para Games was pride of the nation.
On that occasion, President Jokowi symbolically handed over bonuses to representatives of medal-winning athletes, namely:
- Single gold (Rp 500 million) for Wilma Margaretha Sinaga, blind chess;
- Double gold (Rp 400 million) for Subhan, para-badminton;
- Team gold (Rp 350 million) for Sudartatik, sitting volleyball;
- Single silver (Rp 300 million) for Ndaru Patma, wheelchair tennis;
- Double silver (Rp 240 million) to Wening Purbawati, boccia;
- Team silver (Rp 210 million) for Yahya Muhaimi, football;
- Single bronze (Rp 150 million) for Kholidin, para archery;
- Double bronze (Rp 120 million) for Osrita Muslim, para table tennis;
- Bronze team (Rp 105 million) for Danu Kuswantoro, wheelchair basketball.
In the meantime, Minister of Youth and Sports Zainudin Amali reported that the ASEAN Para Games was a momentum to strengthen the spirit of equality, inclusiveness, and productivity without discrimination. (TGH/DND/UN) (RI/LW)