President Jokowi Inaugurates National Police Commission Members
Date 19 Agustus 2020
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo inaugurated 9 (nine) members of the National Police Commission (Kompolnas) at the State Palace, Jakarta, Wednesday (19/8).
The appointment was stipulated in Decree of President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 54/M of 2020 on the Dismissal and Appointment of Members of the National Police Commission (Kompolnas) which was promulgated by President Jokowi on 11 August 2020. The Decree was recited by Secretary to Minister of State Secretary, Setya Utama, in the ceremony.
The members of Kompolnas inaugurated in the ceremony, are:
- Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs Mahfud MD, chairperson, as the Government representative;
- Minister of Home Affairs Tito Karnavian, vice-chairperson, as the Government representative;
- Minister of Law and Human Rights Yasonna Laoly, member, as the Government representative;
- Benny Joshua Mamoto, member, as the Police representative;
- Puji Hartanto Iskandar, member, as the Police representative;
- Albertus Wahyurudanto, member, as the Police representative;
- Yusuf, member, as the public representative;
- Muhammad Dawam, member, as the public representative; and
- Poengky Indarti, member, as the public representative.
After the recitation of Presidential Decree, they took the oath before President Jokowi and followed by the reverberation of the national anthem “Indonesia Raya”.
Afterwards, the newly-inaugurated members received congratulations from the President and Vice President.
Also attending the ceremony were, among others, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, Minister of Defense Prabowo Subianto, and the Indonesian National Police Chief Gen. Idham Azis. (FID/EN)
Translated by : Rany Anjany
Reviewed by: Mia Medyana