President Jokowi Inaugurates New Cabinet Members
Date 23 Oktober 2019
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, accompanied by Vice President Ma’ruf Amin, inaugurated members of the Indonesia Onward Cabinet during a ceremony at the State Palace, Jakarta, Wednesday (23/10).
The inauguration ceremony began with singing the national anthem of Indonesia Raya, which was then continued with the reading of Presidential Decree Number 113/P of 2019 on Formation of State Ministries and Appointment of State Ministers of the Indonesia Onward Cabinet for the 2019-2024 Period.
Meanwhile, the appointment of new Attorney General, Cabinet Secretary, Presidential Chief of Staff, and Chairman of Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM) were based on these Presidential Decrees respectively: Presidential Decree Number 114/P of 2019 on the Appointment of Attorney General, Presidential Decree Number 115/P of 2019 on the Appointment of Cabinet Secretary, Presidential Decree Number 116/P of 2019 on the Appointment of Presidential Chief of Staff, and Presidential Decree Number 117/P of 2019 on the Appointment of the Chairman of Investment Coordinating Board.
Afterward, President Jokowi led the oath-taking of ministers and ministerial-level officials.
“That I will be faithful to the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia and will enforce the laws and regulations as truthful as possible, for the sake of my devotion to the nation and state. That in fulfilling my duties, I will uphold the work ethics in the best possible way, with a full sense of responsibility,” the President guided the oath-taking process.
The inaugurated ministers and ministerial-level officials are as follows:
- Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs: Mohammad Mahfud MD
- Coordinating Minister for Economic Affairs: Airlangga Hartarto
- Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture: Muhadjir Effendy
- Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment: Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan
- Minister of Defense: Prabowo Subianto
- Minister of State Secretary: Pratikno
- Minister of Home Affairs: Muhammad Tito Karnavian
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Retno Lestari Priansari Marsudi
- Minister of Religious Affairs: Fachrul Razi
- Minister of Law and Human Rights: Yasonna H. Laoly
- Minister of Finance: Sri Mulyani Indrawati
- Minister of Education and Culture: Nadiem Anwar Makarim
- Minister of Health: Terawan Agus Putranto
- Minister of Social Affairs: Juliari P. Batubara
- Minister of Manpower: Ida Fauziyah
- Minister of Industry: Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita
- Minister of Trade: Agus Suparmanto
- Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources: Arifin Tasrif
- Minister of Public Works and Public Housing: Mochamad Basuki Hadimuljono
- Minister of Transportation: Budi Karya Sumadi
- Minister of Communications and Informatics: Johnny Gerard Plate
- Minister of Agriculture: Syahrul Yasin Limpo
- Minister of the Environment and Forestry: Siti Nurbaya
- Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries: Edhy Prabowo
- Minister of Villages, Development of Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration: A. Halim Iskandar
- Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency: Sofyan A. Djalil
- Minister of National Development Planning/Head of National Development Planning Agency: Suharso Monoarfa
- Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reforms: Tjahjo Kumolo
- Minister of State-Owned Enterprises: Erick Thohir
- Minister of Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises: Teten Masduki
- Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy: Wishnutama Kusubandio
- Minister of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection: I Gusti Ayu Bintang Darmawati
- Minister of Research and Technology: Bambang P.S. Brodjonegoro
- Minister of Youth and Sports: Zainudin Amali
- Presidential Chief of Staff: Moeldoko
- Cabinet Secretary: Pramono Anung Wibowo
- Chairman of the Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM): Bahlil Lahadalia
- Attorney General: ST Burhanuddin.
The simple and brief ceremony was ended by resounding the national anthem, Indonesia Raya. (Tim Setkab/Rahmat/ES)
Translated by : Fairuzzamani Inayatillah
Edited by : Muhardi, M. Ersan Pamungkas