President Jokowi Installs Presidential Advisory Board Members
Date 13 Desember 2019
Former Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs in President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo’s first term, Wiranto, on Friday (13/12) was installed as the Head of the Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres) for 2019-2024 period.
On that occasion, President Jokowi also installed eight other members under Presidential Decision Number 137/P/2019 on Appointment of Membership in the Wantimpres for the 2019-2024 period.
Here are the names of the nine members of the Wantimpres for the 2019-2024 period:
- Wiranto, Head of the Wantimpres, concurrently as member;
- Agung Laksono (member), Golkar Party politician;
3.Arifin Panigoro (member), entrepreneur;
- Soekarwo (member), former East Java Governor;
5.Sidarto Danusubroto (member), Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) politician;
- M. Mardiono Bakar (member), United Development Party (PPP) politician;
- Dato Sri Tahir(member), entrepreneur;
- Habib Luthfi bin Yahya (member), Muslim cleric; and
- Putri Kuswisnu Wardani (member), entrepreneur.
Based on Law Number 19 of 2006 on the Presidential Advisory Board (Wantimpres), the Board has duty on providing advice and considerations to the President. The Board’s tenure shall expire at the same time of the termination of a President’s administration period or if the President dismisses the Board.
Also attending the inauguration were, among others, Former President Megawati Soekarnoputri, Speaker of Regional Representative Council (DPD) La Nyala Mattalitti, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko, Head of National Intelligence Agency (BIN)Budi Gunawan, Attorney General ST. Burhanuddin, and a number of Indonesia Onward Cabinet Ministers. (MAY/AGG/ES)
Translated by : Rany Anjany
Reviewedby : Lulu Wuliarti