President Jokowi Installs Six New Ministers, Five Deputy Ministers
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on Wednesday (23/12) at the State Palace, Jakarta inaugurated six new ministers and five deputy ministers for the remainder of the 2019-2024 term.
The appointment of six new ministers is based on Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 133/P of 2020 on Appointment and Replacement of a Number of Indonesian Onward Cabinet for the 2019-2024 term.
The decree, which was recited by Secretary to Minister of State Secretary Setya Utama, is stipulated by President Jokowi in Jakarta on 23 December 2020.
The six new ministers are as follows:
- Yaqut Cholil Qoumas, Minister of Religious Affairs;
- Budi Gunadi Sadikin, Minister of Health;
- Tri Rismaharini, Minister of Social Affairs;
- Muhammad Lutfi, Minister of Trade;
- Sakti Wahyu Trenggono, Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries;
- Sandiaga Salahuddin Uno, Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy.
Meanwhile, the five new deputy ministers for the remainder of the 2019-2024 term were appointed based on Decree of the President of the Republic of Indonesia Number 76/M of 2020 on Dismissal and Appointment of Deputy Ministers of the Indonesian Onward Cabinet for the 2019-2024 which is stipulated by President Jokowi in Jakarta on 23 December 2020.
The five new deputy ministers are as follows:
- Muhammad Herindra, Deputy Minister of Defense;
- Edward Omar Sharif Hiariej, Deputy Minister of Law and Human Rights;
- Dante Saksono Harbuwono, Deputy Minister of Health;
- Harvick Hasnul Qolbi, Deputy Minister of Agriculture;
- Pahala Nugraha Mansury, Deputy Minister of State-owned Enterprises.
After the reciting of the Presidential Decree, President Jokowi led the swearing-in ceremony of the new ministers and deputy ministers.
“I will uphold the 1945 Constitution of the Republic of Indonesia and execute all laws and regulations in fairest way possible for my dedication to the nation and the people. That in carrying out the obligations, I will uphold work ethic, work earnestly with responsibility,” reads the oath.
Afterwards, the newly-inaugurated officials received congratulations from the President and Vice President. (FID/UN) (RAS/LW)