President Jokowi Launches Motorbike Export

By Office of Assistant to Deputy Cabinet Secretary for State Documents & Translation
Date 3 Desember 2018
Category: News
Read: 745 Views
President Jokowi tries PT. YIMM motorbikes in Pulogadung, East Jakarta, Monday (3/12). (Photo by: Agung/Public Relations)

President Jokowi tries PT. YIMM motorbikes in Pulogadung, East Jakarta, Monday (3/12). (Photo by: Agung/Public Relations)

President Joko Jokowi Widodo launched the export of 1.5 million motorbikes produced by PT Yamaha Indonesia Motor Manufacturing (YIMM), at Bizpark Commercial Estate, Pulogadung, Cakung, Jakarta, Monday (3/12).

President Jokowi also praised the PT. YIMM’s export that now reached 338,000 motorbikes, with 94 percent local content on each motorbike, whereas in 2014, PT. YIMM only exported 23,000 motorbikes.

“These are the kinds of investments we are looking for, because if we export goods but the raw materials are using the imported ones, it will cause trade balance deficit,” President Jokowi said in his speech.

For the record, 25 percent of the motorbike production will be exported to 45 countries and the rest 75 percent will be sold on domestic market.

The President also expressed his appreciation for what has been done by PT. YIMM. “It has been 44 years. Yamaha has become an old friend in Indonesia business world,” he added.

Also accompanying President Jokowi on the occasion were Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, Minister of Industry Airlangga Hartarto, Minister of Trade Enggartiasto Lukita, Minister of Manpower Hanif Dhakiri, Minister of Transportation Budi K. Sumadi, and Minister of Social Affairs Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita. (FID/AGG/ES)

 

 

Translated by: Galuh Wicaksono

Edited by: Lulu Wuliarti

Latest News