President Jokowi Leads National Heroes Day Ceremony in Bandung
Date 10 November 2018
President Joko Jokowi Widodo led the National Heroes Day ceremony at the Cikutra Heroes Cemetery, Bandung, Saturday (10/11).
The ceremony began with paying homage to the heroes, followed by one minute of sirens and a moment of silence to recall the services of the heroes during the 10 November battle in Surabaya.
The President then laid a wreath and the event was concluded with a prayer by Minister of Religious Affairs.
Afterwards, President Jokowi sowed flowers on the grave of national heroes buried in the cemetery, such as:
- Nurtanio Pringgoadisurdjo, Rear Admiral, Naval Air Forces;
- Commodore Sulaiman, died in Tasikmalaya, West Java Province. His plane was crashed at Kiaracondong, Bandung when he was going to attend the inauguration of rocket trial at Dahana factory. Later his name was used as Bandung Air Force Base;
- Setiabudi Danudirdja / Douwes Dekker, one of the triad heroes;
- Dr. Moestopo, known as the Independence and Education Hero; and
- Moh. Yogie S. Memet, former Pangdam III / Siliwangi, former Minister of Home Affairs, as well as the 11th Governor of West Java Province.
Accompanying the President in the event were Minister of Social Affairs Agus Gumiwang, Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung, Minister of Industry Airlangga Hartarto, Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko, Minister of Religious Affairs Lukman Hakim Saifuddin, Commander of the Indonesian National Defense Forces (TNI) Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto, the Indonesian National Police Chief General Tito Karnavian, TNI Chief of Staff, and Governor of West Java Province Ridwan Kamil. (EN / FID / AGG)
Translated by: Estu Widyamurti
Edited by: Mia Medyana