President Jokowi, Malaysian PM Anwar Witness LoI Handover
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and Prime Minister (PM) of Malaysia Anwar Ibrahim Monday (01/09) witnessed the handover of eleven Letters of Intent (LoI) from ten Malaysian investors to participate in the development of Nusantara Capital City (IKN).
The LoI, which was signed by the Malaysian private sector in electronics, health, waste management, construction and property, was handed over by Minister of International Trade and Industry of Malaysia Tengku Zafrul bin Tengku Abdul Aziz to Chairperson of the Nusantara Capital City (IKN) Authority Bambang Susantono.
“I welcome the interest shown by Malaysian investors in the development of the IKN,” President Jokowi said in a joint press statement with the Malaysian PM at Bogor Presidential Palace.
On the occasion, President Jokowi also welcomed PM Anwar.
“It is an honor for Indonesia to receive Prime Minister Dato’ Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s first official visit,” he said.
The President also congratulated PM Anwar on his inauguration as Malaysia’s 10th Prime Minister in November last year and expected that cooperation between the two countries would get stronger.
“Malaysia is not only Indonesia’s closest neighbor, but we are also of the same kin and have a very strong relationship,” he remarked.
For the record, the two countries also agreed on eight memorandums of understanding, among others, in the sectors of shipping, export-import financing, green energy, and battery industry development. The signed memorandums are as follows:
- MoU between ASIC Offshore & Marine Sdn Bhd and PT Dok & Perkapalan Kodja Bahari;
- MoU between the Export-Import Bank of Malaysia Bhd and the Indonesian Export Financing Agency (LPEI);
- MoC between FGV Holdings and PT Perkebunan Nusantara Indonesia;
- MoU between Citaglobal Bhd and Indonesia Battery Corporation;
- MoU between AWC Bhd and PT GKM;
- MoU between AWC Berhad and PT Bintang Timur Investama;
- MoU between AIROD Sdn Bhd and PT Dirgantara Indonesia;
- MoU between SIRIM Bhd and the National Research and Innovation Agency (BRIN).