President Jokowi Receives Letters of Credence from Eight New Ambassadors
President Joko Jokowi Widodo accompanied by First Lady Ibu Iriana received letters of credence from eight new Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of Indonesia in turn at the Credentials Room of the Presidential Palace, Jakarta, Monday (8/13) morning.
Accompanied by each countrys national anthem, the eight Ambassadors in turn arrived at the courtyard of the Presidential Palace. Subsequently, they submitted the Letter of Credence to President Jokowi.
The eight new Ambassadors Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to the Republic of Indonesia are:
- Ulugbek Rozukulov, Ambassador of the Republic of Uzbekistan based in Jakarta;
- Songphol Sukchan, Ambassador of the Kingdom of Thailand based in Jakarta;
- Pham Vinh Quang, Ambassador of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam based in Jakarta;
- Dziunik Aghajanian, Ambassador of the Republic of Armenia based in Jakarta;
- Abdul Salik Khan, Ambassador of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan based in Jakarta;
- Lee Hiong Tan Wee, Ambassador of the Republic of the Philippines based in Jakarta;
- David Goldwin Pollard, Ambassador of the Cooperative Republic of Guyana based in New Delhi, India; and
- Stella Budiriganya, Ambassador of the Republic of Burundi based in New Delhi, India.
The meeting was followed up with a veranda talk on the back terrace of the Palace between the President and the eight Ambassadors accompanied by Minister of Foreign Affairs Retno Marsudi.
Also present on the occasion were Minister of State Secretary Pratikno and Cabinet Secretary Pramono Anung. (FID/JAY/ES)(MUR/MMB/YM/Naster).