President Jokowi Signs Presidential Decree on Tax Amnesty Task Force
In an effort to optimize coordination and data submission between units/institutions for the success of the Tax Amnesty program as well as to ensure legal certainty and convenience of taxpayers, President Joko Jokowi Widodo on 4 October 2016 signed Presidential Decree Number 32 of 2016 on the Task Force of the Implementation of Tax Amnesty Program.
The Task Force consists of 1 (one) Steering Committee and 3 (three) teams, namely:
- Steering Committee. Chairman: Minister of Finance; Deputy Chairman: Presidential Chief of Staff; Secretary: Director General of Taxes of the Ministry of Finance; and 14 (fourteen) high-ranking officials as members, including Minister of State Secretary,Cabinet Secretary, Minister of Law and Human Rights, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chairman of the Commissioner Council of the Financial Services Authority (OJK), Governor of Bank Indonesia, Attorney General, andChief of the Indonesian National Police (Kapolri).
- Technical and Administration Affairs Team. Chairperson: Director General of Taxes; Deputy Chairperson: Expert Staff to the Minister of Finance for Tax Obedience Affairs and 6 (six) high-ranking officials as members from the Ministry of Finance.
- Funds Repatriation and Investment Affairs Team. Chairperson:Director General of Financing and Risk Management of the Ministry of Finance; Deputy Chairman: Expert Staff to the Minister of Finance in the Regulation of Financial Services and Capital Market; with 13 (thirteen) high-ranking officials as members from the Financial Services Authority (OJK), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Financial Transaction Reports and Analysis Center(PPATK), Ministry of Finance, and Bank Indonesia.
- Legal Affairs Team. Chairperson: Secretary General of the Ministry of Finance; Deputy Chairperson: Expert Staff to the Minister of Finance for the State Revenue Policy Affairs; with 9 (nine) high-ranking officials as membersfrom the Ministry of State Secretariat, Ministry of Law and Human Rights, PPATK, and Ministry of Finance.
In performing its task, the Tax Amnesty Task Force may be assisted by a Working Group and/or a Secretariat established by Minister of Finance as Chairman of the Steering Committee, Article 1 paragraph (2) of the Presidential Decree says.
The Decree also states that the Steering Committee has the following tasks, among others:
- Giving guidance and advice in the coordination between related units/institutions and disseminating the Tax Amnesty program to stakeholders;
- Giving guidance and advice in the coordination between related units/institutions in the technical implementation of the placement of repatriated funds and funds at home as part of the implementation of the Tax Amnesty program, gateway, investment instrument, and/or government project infrastructures to absorbrepatriated funds;
- Granting approval for the recommendation from the Technical and Administrative Team and the Funds Repatriation and Investment Affairs Team, as well as from the Legal Affairs Team.
Every chairperson, deputy chairpersons, and members of the Tax Amnesty Task Force and parties/staff involved in the Task Force shall keepconfidentiality, declaration, data, and/or informationused in the implementation of tasks of the Task Force, Article 8 of the Presidential Decree says.
Working period of the Tax Amnesty Task Force according to this Presidential Decree is set until 31 March 2017 and may be extended if necessary, while costs needed for the implementation of tasks of the Task Force is allocated from the budget of the Ministry of Finance.
The Presidential Decree shall apply as of the date of its enactment, Article 11 of the Presidential Decree says. (Pusdatin/ES) (EP/YM/Naster)