President Jokowi Submits 18 Ombudsman Member Candidates to the House
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has submitted list of 18 candidates of the Ombudsman members for the 2021-2026 period to the House of Representatives (DPR), Minister of State Secretary Pratikno has said.
“Through letter Number R-46/PRES/12/2020, dated 2 December 2020, the President has submitted the 18 candidate names to the DPR,” the Minister said in a press conference at the Ministry of State Secretariat office, Jakarta, Wednesday (2/12).
Pratikno added that the President’s letter was received by the DPR Secretariat General on Wednesday (2/12). The Minister expressed hope that the DPR will immediately follow up the letter with selecting 9 of the 18 names to be appointed through a Presidential Decree.
The 18 candidates are as follows:
- Andri Gunawan Sumianto (Practitioner)
- Bobby Hamzar Rafinus (State Civil Apparatus)
- Dadan Suparjo Suharmawijaya (State Agency)
- Hani Hasjim (Practitioner)
- Heru Setiawan (State-Owned Enterprises/Regional Government-Owned Enterprises)
- Hery Susanto (Private Sector)
- Indraza Marzuki Rais (State-Owned Enterprises/Regional Government-Owned Enterprises)
- James Modouw (Academician)
- Jemsly Hutabarat (State-Owned Enterprises/Regional Government-Owned Enterprises)
- Johanes Widijantoro (Academician)
- Mokh Najih (Academician)
- Muhammad Joni Yulianto (Practitioner)
- Noorhalis Majid (State Agency)
- Ratminto (Academician)
- Robertus Na Endi Jaweng (Private Sector)
- Roby Arya Brata (State Civil Apparatus)
- Ucu (State Civil Apparatus)
- Yeka Hendra Fatika (Practitioner)
Established in early July this year, the selection committee has selected the candidates who will replace the current members whose term of office will end on 17 February next year. The committee consists of Chandra M. Hamzah as a chairperson and a member, Muhammad Yusuf Ateh as a deputy chairperson and a member, and Juri Ardiantoro, Francisia Saveria Sika Ery Seda, and Abdul Ghaffar Rozin as members.
“The selection committee has made its best effort, with prudence, through a very long process. On 24 November 2020, the Committee has submitted 18 selected names of the Ombudsman to the President,” the Minister said. (UN) (RI/MUR)