President Jokowi Unveils New Cabinet Line Up
Date 23 Oktober 2019
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has unveiled 38 names of Cabinet Ministers and Minister-level officials under the Administration of President Joko Widodo and Vice President KH. Ma’ruf Amin for the 2019-2024 period.
In the announcement ceremony held on Wednesday (23/10) at the courtyard of the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, President Jokowi named his cabinet “Indonesia Onward Cabinet”.
“In the next five years, we focus on human capital development, job creation, and empowerment of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs),” President Jokowi said.
The following are the members of the New Cabinet:
- Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal, and Security Affairs: Mahfud MD
- Coordinating Minister for the Economy: Airlangga Hartarto
- Coordinating Minister for Human Development and Culture: Muhadjir Effendy
- Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment: Luhut B Pandjaitan
- Minister of Defense: Prabowo Subianto
- Minister of State Secretary: Pratikno
- Minister of Home Affairs: General Tito Karnavian
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: Retno L.P. Marsudi
- Minister of Religious Affairs: General (Ret) Fachrul Razi
- Minister of Law and Human Rights: Yasonna H. Laoly
- Minister of Finance: Sri Mulyani Indrawati
- Minister of Education and Culture: Nadiem Makarim
- Minister of Health: dr. Terawan Agusputranto
- Minister of Social Affairs: Juliari Batubara
- Minister of Manpower: Ida Fauziyah
- Minister of Industry: Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita
- Minister of Trade: Agus Suparmanto
- Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources: Arifin Tasrif
- Minister of Public Works and Public Housing: Basuki Hadimuljono
- Minister of Transportation: Budi Karya Sumadi
- Minister of Communication and Informatics: Johnny G Plate
- Minister of Agriculture: Syahrul Yasin Limpo
- Minister of Environment and Forestry: Siti Nurbaya Bakar
- Minister of Maritime Affairs and Fisheries: Edhy Prabowo
- Minister of Villages, Development of Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration: Abdul Halim Iskandar
- Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency: Sofyan Djalil
- Minister of National Development Planning/Head of National Development Planning Agency: Suharso Monoarfa
- Minister of State Apparatus Empowerment and Bureaucratic Reforms: Tjahjo Kumolo
- Minister of State-Owned Enterprises: Erick Thohir
- Minister of Cooperatives and Small and Medium Enterprises: Teten Masduki
- Minister of Tourism and Creative Economy: Wishnutama Kusubandio
- Minister of Women’s Empowerment and Child Protection: Gusti Ayu Bintang Darmawati
- Minister of Research and Technology: Bambang Brodjonegoro
- Minister of Youth and Sports: Zainudin Amali
- Presidential Chief of Staff: Moeldoko
- Cabinet Secretary: Pramono Anung Wibowo
- Chairman of Investment Coordinating Board (BKPM): Bahlil Lahadalia
- Attorney General: ST Burhanuddin.
Of the 38 names announced by the President, 22 of them are professionals while 16 are from political parties.
The ministers from political parties are: 1. Airlangga Hartarto; 2. Prabowo Subianto; 3. Yasonna H. Laoly; 4. Juliari Batubara; 5. Ida Fauziah; 6. Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita; 7. Agus Suparmanto; 8. Johnny G. Plate; 9. Syahrul Yasin Limpo; 10. Siti Nurbaya Bakar; 11. Edhy Prabowo; 12. Abdul Halim Iskandar; 13. Suharso Monoarfa; 14. Tjahjo Kumolo; 15. Zainudin Amali; and 16. Pramono Anung Wibowo.
In addition, there are 11 ministers who retain their positions: 1. Coordinating Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment: Luhut B. Pandjaitan; 2. Minister of State Secretary: Pratikno; 3. Minister of Foreign Affairs: Retno L.P. Marsudi; 4. Minister of Law and Human Rights: Yasonna H. Laoly; 5. Minister of Finance: Sri Mulyani Indrawati; 6. Minister of Public Works and Public Housing: Basuki Hadimuljono; 7. Minister of Transportation: Budi Karya Sumadi; 8. Minister of Agrarian and Spatial Planning/Head of National Land Agency: Sofyan Djalil; 9. Presidential Chief of Staff: Moeldoko; 10. Minister of Environment and Forestry: Siti Nurbaya Bakar; and 11. Cabinet Secretary: Pramono Anung. (PR of Cabinet Secretariat/ES)
Translated by: Ridwan Ibadurrohman
Edited by: Yuyu Mulyani