President Jokowi Welcomes Second Generation Entrepreneurs at Merdeka Palace
Date 27 Agustus 2018
President Joko Jokowi Widodo, accompanied by Minister of State Secretary Pratikno and Chairman of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KADIN) Rosan P. Roeslani met with second generation entrepreneurs at the Merdeka Palace, Jakarta, Monday (27/8).
Entrepreneurs who attended the meeting included Garibaldi Thohir (Adaro), Anindya N. Bakrie (Bakrie Group), Martin Hartono (PT Djarum), Axton Salim (Salim Group), Michael Soryadjaya (Saratoga Investama Sedaya), Michael Widjaja (Sinar Mas ), Richard Halim Kusuma (Agung Sedayu Group), and John Riady (Lippo Group).
On the occasion, President Jokowi said that uncertainty in global economy increases “In the past, people were afraid of Chinese-American trade war, now there is Turkey’s economic challenge, and we don’t know what kind of global economic uncertainty that we are going to face in the future, the President said.
President Jokowi also said that Indonesia should improve its economy. The biggest problem for Indonesia today, according to the President, is the current account deficit which has not been fixed for a long time.
“I think it is going to be our focus, including fixing the trade balance and the primary fiscal balance,” President Jokowi further said, expressing his confidence that the Government can fix the problem in one year.
The President admitted that there are a lot of things to do, including the application of Biodiesel 20 (B20) which can save US$ 11 Billion and the increase of foreign tourist arrivals.
President Jokowi further said that the Government and private sector have to work hand in hand to improve quality and packaging of products.
The President expressed his optimism that there are many opportunities for improvements. However, the President continued, the Government will not only pay attention to the economic growth but also the quality of the growth.
The Entrepreneurs who attended the meeting were:
- Rosan P. Roeslani, Chairman of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Garibaldi Thohir (Adaro)
- Anindya N. Bakrie (Bakrie Group)
- Muki Hamami (Trakindo Utama)
- Martin Hartono (PT Djarum)
- Anthony Pradiptya (Plug and Play)
- Axton Salim (Salim Group)
- Michael Soeryadjaya (Saratoga Investama Sedaya)
- Michael Widjaja (Sinar Mas)
- Budi Susanto (Alfamart)
- Arini Sarraswati Subianto (Persada Capital Investama)
- Arif Patrick Rachmat (Triputra Agro Persada)
- Arif Suherman (Cineplex)
- Richard Halim Kusuma (Agung Sedayu Group)
- Pandu Patria Sjahrir (Toba Bara)
- John Riady (Lippo Group)
- Alvin Sariaatmadja (Emtek)
- Anderson tanoto (Royal Golden Eagle)
- Yaser Raimi Arifin Panigoro (Medco Group)
- Jonathan Tahir (Mayapada)
- Ivan Batubara (Chairman of the North Sumatra Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Dayang Donna Farouk (Chairman of the East Kalimantan Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Arus Abdul Karim (Chairman of the Central Sulawesi Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Kukrit Suryo Wicaksono (Chairman of the Central Java Chamber of Commerce and Industry)
- Gandi Sulistiyanto Soeherman (Sinar Mas)
- Agus Prayoga.