President SBY Inaugurates New Terminal Sepinggan Airport, Balikpapan
Date 15 September 2014
President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY) accompanied by First Lady Hj. Ani Yudhoyono will make a working visit to Balikpapan, East Kalimantan, on Monday (15/9) afternoon, for the inauguration and groundbreaking on 12 Master Plan projects for the Acceleration and Expansion of Indonesian Economic Development (MP3EI) on Kalimantan and Java Corridor.
In the event that will be centered in the International Airport of Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman, Sepinggan (formerly named Sepinggan Airport), Monday at 11:00 pm, President Yudhoyono will inaugurate 10 projects in the energy sector, the oil and gas sector, and the transport sector, namely:
1. New Terminal of the International Airport of Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Sepinggan, Balikpapan;
2. Terminal 2, Juanda International Airport, Surabaya;
3. VVIP and VIP Building of the Gov. of East Kalimantan Province, International Airport Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Sepinggan, Balikpapan;
4. Yuvai semiring Airport Runway – Long Bawan, Nunukan, North Kalimantan;
5. Long Apung Airport Runway, Malinau, East Kalimantan;
6. Dafah Dawai Airport Runway, Mahakam Ulu, East Kalimantan;
7. Development of Unit III PLTU Embalut 1 x 50 MW, Tenggarong Seberang, Kutai Kartanegara, East Kalimantan;
8. PLTG Peaking 2 x(50-60) MW Tanjung Batu, Desa Embalut, Kutai Kartanegara, East Kalimantan;
9. SISI-NUBI (WPN 3 and WPS 2) Total E&P Indonesia Inpex Pertamina Hulu Energy Tengah, East Kalimantan;
10. Development Project of Ruby Field, Block Sebuku Mubadala Petroleum – Total E & P Sebuku – Inpex South Makassar – Makassar Strait Ltd. and East Kalimantan
At the same occasion, the President also will perform the groundbreaking for the construction of Kalimantan Institute of Technology (ITK) Campus, which will be built in Balikpapan, and the construction of Indonesian Institute of Arts and Culture (ISBI) Campus, Tenggarong, which will be built in Kutai Kartanegara Regency, East Kalimantan.
After the ceremonial series, the President and the entourage are scheduled to conduct a review of the project display of MP3EI on Kalimantan and Java Corridor, as well as the facilities of the International Airport of Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman, Sepinggan, Balikpapan