Press Conference of President of the Republic of Indonesia on the Progress of Social Protection Cluster of National Economic Recovery Program, Saturday, 26 September 2020 at the Bogor Presidential Palace, West Java Province
Date 26 September 2020
Assalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Tackling COVID-19 pandemic needs self-discipline and hard work from all elements of the nation. From the beginning, the Government’s policies have always been consistent. Handling public health problems remains our top priority. Once again, public health must be our priority. However, the Government also makes every effort to maintain and rebuild the economy.
The Government has disbursed funds amounting to Rp.203.9 trillion for social protection cluster involving various programs, such as the PKH (family hope program), the BPNT (non-cash food assistance), the staple food program, the BST (cash social assistance), the pre-employment cards, the BLT (cash transfer) village fund, the presidential assistance for working capital, the wage subsidies, and electricity discounts. These programs aim to ease economic burden of the communities affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Alhamdulillah, praise be to God, the social assistance programs that have been implemented as of 23 September 2020 are as follows:
– The Government has disbursed Rp29.138 trillion to 10 million beneficiaries through the family hope program (PKH);
– The Government has disbursed Rp30.978 trillion to 19.41 million beneficiaries through the staple food program;
– The Government has disbursed Rp4.407 trillion to 1.9 million beneficiaries through the Greater Jakarta (Jabodetabek) staple food program;
– The Government has disbursed Rp24.787 trillion to 9.18 million beneficiaries through Non-Jabodetabek cash transfer program;
– The Government has disbursed Rp16.617 trillion to 4.86 million beneficiaries through pre-employment card program;
– The Government has disbursed Rp11.73 trillion to 7.55 million beneficiaries through village cash transfer program;
– The Government has disbursed Rp14,183 trillion to 5.9 million beneficiaries through presidential assistance programs;
– The Government has disbursed Rp10.8 trillion to 9 million beneficiaries through wage subsidy program;
– The Government has disbursed Rp3.455 trillion to 31.4 million beneficiaries through electricity discount program.
The implementation of social assistance programs aims to ease the burden on the communities and boost productivity of the people’s economy. Once again, let me reiterate that handling health problems, especially in terms of transmission prevention, is the most important factor. Everyone must maintain self-discipline in implementing health protocols to curb the transmission and I hope our life can return to the normal.
I thank you.
Wassalamu’alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.
Translated by Ridwan Ibadurrohman
Reviewed by M. Ersan Pamungkas